DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Questions About Levelling Kits

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  CRANKYPISTOL 
#1 ·
Hey all

I have been lurking in this forum for awhile now and figured its time to make a post.

I want to put a front levelling kit on my 2011 ram 1500 crew cab but have no idea what to get. I've looked at several on ebay but they are all diferent. Some are 2'' others are 3.5'' and even 3''. I'm not sure what to buy. Is there a standard that i should go by or does the model of the truck depict the spacer height to buy or is it just personal prefrence? My goal is to go with http://www.dragtimes.com/parts/20-BLACK-XD-801-CRANK-33X1250X20-TOYO-MT-DODGE-RAM_300595384240.html. or similar

Can someone shed some light on levelling kits for me ?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
What kit you go with depends on your truck and how "level" you really want it.
I wouldnt go any higher then 2.5" or your basically gauranteed to have 4x4 problems/vibrations (assuming your truck is 4x4)
To determine how much lift you need, measure from the center of your wheel to the lip of your fender in the front and back, the difference between the two will tell you what kit to go with

#3 ·
To level a 2011 you want 2.5" lift in the front. I have heard some people have problems going with full 2.5" spacer kits.

Alot of poeple use the bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks and set them to 2.1" lift, that seems to be the best way. Pair of 5100's going for like 250 on amazon.

#6 ·
Liquid I went with a 2.5" spacer kit by Pro-Comp from Canada Custom Vehicles here in Red Deer and have no complaints at all, however I have heard nothing but good things about those Bilstein's. Would be something to consider for sure!!

#8 ·
I just had the dealer to install a 2.5" front and 1.75" rear kit. Rough country! Looks great, no vibrations after they aligned it and it seemed to "firm" up the ride just a bit. I love it!

I am positive 35" will fit and maybe 37"!

Stock are 33" which means every 2" in tire height is only 1" on each side of rim!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.