DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Pics of Painting Grille with Dupicolor Black Chrome

11K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  FDBDW 
#1 ·
5 coats so far, finally starting to darken up, first couple coats looked blue-ish ,its basicly a tint so the more coats the darker it gets.
Gonna do at least three more then a couple coats of clear, more pics to come, hoping to finish up on Fri, gotta work tomorow. Heres were Im at so far

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: GeauxHunting
#33 ·
I sold my stock big horn grille with chrome horizontals for like $75. I bought a chrome honeychrome grille for $125. Those are just for something to reference with.

#37 ·
First time poster but have lurked for the past few months. I may be interested if you haven't sold it yet.

I would assume it would fit a 2010.

Also, from the pics does it really look more flat than black chrome? I hate the chrome bits on my truck so will be looking to black them out but not too black.

Thanks!

#40 ·
Ya , it actually turned out good it just didnt look right on my truck, I was going for a dark look so I used quite a few coats, at 2-3 coats it almost looked bluish chrome which was pretty cool but not what I wanted.

#41 ·
That's cool, I was hoping more for a gunmetal look ,or a shiny black Ch
HTML:
rome look, I was going to do my factory twenties with it, I don't know if bluish Chrome would look very good, I don't really like the totally blacked out look, but I wanted something to tone down the Chrome.

#42 ·
That's cool, I was hoping more for a gunmetal look ,or a shiny black Chrome look, I was going to do my factory twenties with it, I don't know if bluish Chrome would look very good, I don't really like the totally blacked out look, but I wanted something to tone down the Chrome.

Attack em' with a scotchbrite pad, will make them looked like brushed aluminum.

#43 ·
Honestly I wouldnt mess with wheels unless you know exactly what the turn out will be. My gamble wasnt as expensive as screwing up a set of wheels will be, which actually turned out for the better cause I love my K2 grille. Hait to rain on ya , but replacing a grille was alot easier to swallow then replacing wheels will be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.