DODGE RAM FORUM banner

throttle body light

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Man from mars 
#1 ·
the light is in the lower right side of dash look like lightning bolt. had it keep coming off on yesterday.when it comes on the truck gos to idle i press down on te peddle more it gos off and back to norm.seemed to happen most at about steedy 50 MPH alittle faster no prb.not kick the check eng light but will try to see if there is a code. has anyone else had this happen just wierd. will keep posted on it.

#3 ·
maybe this is it. ive had mine come on, and i first didnt know what to think it started hesitating and jerking i immediatly pulled over to see what was wrong. couldnt find anything and found out it was throttle position sensor. Mine resets if i pull over and just cut it off and sit a min or two and then start back up. The check engine light stays on but no more trouble with TPS. I have had this thing go for months without doing it and then itll happen. I d really like to hear from one of the mechs here, is there an adjustment they can make at dealership or do they just swap them out. and the cost. Or if this fix the gentleman posted before me legit. i dont doubt you at all sir, but i just found that by cutting my truck off and then back on it resets and i dont have sometimes for months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.