DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2012 Key Fob Windows down

19K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  LostAtSea85 
#1 ·
Hello Fellow Dodge owners,
My buddy has a 2011 dodge ram sport and is able to hit the (un)lock?) button 2 times on his key fob and on the second press he holds it down his driver & passenger windows go down, i have a 2012, how come mine dont do it? anyone know?
Thanks.

#2 ·
In 2012 Chrysler silently told Ram to remove that feature because there was a few complaints that people would return to their trucks and the windows would be down because they accidentally hit the key fob in their pocket. In some cases it was raining and there is no way to roll them back up with the remote.

#3 ·
Makes sense, but it is kinda a nice feature i mean if its hot outside and your going back to your truck you can let that hot air escape before returning to the truck, but then thats where the auto start with the a/c left on comes in handy.

Thanks.

#8 ·
Well I use mine for exactly this reason and it works great. I don't have the remote start feature so when it's really hot out I let the windows down as I am approaching my truck. It is quite precise and I have a hard time seeing how I could accidentally drop the windows without meaning too. Anyway it's too bad they have removed this feature on the 12's.

#5 ·
I have an 11, it can be a bit tricky to get sometimes it will do it right away, sometimes it won't work at all lol I didn't think I had it at first until I tried it a few times. Also check in your EVIC, there may be an option under the setup menu for it like adjusting how long your lights stay on and if the puddle lights activate during unlock.

#7 ·
I may be blowing smoke, but i think the 2013s will have the extra buttons to do things like unlock your tailgate, open your rear door on vans, etc
the window function May also be included

they can't do the window up function, it would subject the company to a Liability
like necks, arms, & paws getting caught in the remote powered closing window

#10 ·
The only extra button I noticed on the key while watching pickuptrucks.com closer look was a button to lower the air suspension while it is parked. Although you are correct about the locking feature. One push and it will lock the Ramboxes, doors, and tailgate. Same for the unlock. Nothing was mentioned about bringing back the window down feature however.

#9 ·
I had that feature on a Nissan Maxima years ago and it was very useful.

#11 ·
Do the 09's have it? I will have to try it. Least mine came with a remote start so that saved me from going to get a high end Viper installed. If I am wasting time putting one in I wanna contol it from my cell and add windows up and down like my last truck.

#13 ·
A little late to the party here
My 2011 QC has it and it's pretty awesome when its hot out. It only works on the 2 front windows but thats fine. my 10 Acura TSX had it on all 4 and the sunroof. That was nice but the Ram took it's place...I also cant see inadvertantly lowering them, its pretty precise and the unlock has to be hit a second time and held down.

#15 ·
Mine doesn't do it, my wife has a G37S and hers go up and down,,,,,,

#19 ·
I think it stands for Electronic vehicle information center.
its the info in the middle of the dash, between tach and speedo.
Can change features on the truck like showing ECO mode, lock mode with horn or flash lights etc.
Only available in park but its nice to kinda customize your truck features.
Nothing like pushing YES to add 50 horsepower but its still nice

#18 ·
FYI, 2009-2011, if you have an ST or Express without EVIC, this feature will not work. You have to be able to select the option "All doors unlock on first press" in the EVIC to activate the feature. My 09 does it, my 11 does it, BillMopar's ST Express (12) does not, because he does not have the EVIC. My Cousin's '12 Sport does it.

#20 ·
In order to do this its extremely hard to accidentally open your windows I find it easier on mine to start my truck by mistake more than making my windows go down. CURRENT SCORE BOARD WINDOWS DOWN = 0 STARTING TRUCKING = 30 You have to press it twice quickly and hold it down for the second time. Its sorta tricky but you would basically have to have something pushing on your pocket, like a girl grinding on your pocket and even than it still hasn't happen to me. (Maybe need a girl to dance with first lol)

#22 ·
I went into the garage to try my remote, hit the unlock button twice, and the only thing that went down was my wife! Hahaha! Ya'll quit playin with your remotes already.:smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.