DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tonneau Cover and 1500 CrewCab RamBox

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Lowrdr 
#1 ·
Hello Everybody, I was thinking of getting a Tonneau cover for 2012 1500 crewcab with the SB and Rambox configuriation. My dilemma is I can just bearly fit my Arctic cat quad in the bed as it is now. The quad is like 48.5 inches or so wide and it will fit in the bed with the factory bed rail system that is already installed, but If I add a cover will I loose any other bed width other then what it is now? As long as the mounting brackets do not stick out Farther then the factory bed rail lower portion, I should be ok.

Does anybody have the Truedo 544901 cover on a Rambox that could actually measure or know off hand the exact clearance/width?

Any help will be appreciated, also I can get this one for $322 new with free shipping so I think it's a good deal.

http://www.amazon.com/TruXedo-54490...ie=UTF8&qid=1359814662&sr=1-1&keywords=544901

#3 ·
Well I cant say anything for the Truxedo but I know my BakFlip G2 fits a quad in the back.

I know its not much help but I am sure someone else will pop in here!

#5 ·
Thanks, I ended up buying the Truxedo low pro. I'll do a write up with actual in-bed dimensions once I install it. I figure saving the bed from the weather is more important then fitting the quad in, Hell, I can tow 5 tons so a 5x8 trailer shouldn't be a problem! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.