DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2015 Ram 1500 4x4 Radio quit

657 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  spamPALA 
#1 ·
first off let me say hello to all its been 7 yrs since ive been back on here..

let me jump right in and tell my Ram issue..
I bought this truck used from a dealer back in March this year, and now the truck is having issues that I cant find anywhere on the net for problem issues solved !
1. 2 weeks ago the radio completely went out, the only display on the screen was the Sirius display and would stay on continuous.
this was annoying but tolerable until I could get it into the shop...

2. now my battery is completely drained , tried jumping, nothing, tried charging over night, still nothing,
no inside cab power at all ! no dome lights, no dash panel lights, no horn, no key fob power...nodda..

I'm waiting for dealer open up so I can call....

any suggestions ?
vehicle is out of basic warranty too

thanks for all the ideas you have

See less See more
#3 ·
See if you can borrow another battery. Might be possible the old battery was failing and the voltage was wonky.

Trying to start with a dead battery in line can draw more power than the charger/other vehicle can supply.

Cheap to try. Good luck, Bob

#4 ·
It's a shot in the dark...but,

A month ago I had the exact same issue on my '16 Cadillac
went to dinner came out and the only thing that showed on
the screen was the radio I.D. number and the A/C was blowing
warm. then a message came on the screen to re-start the vehicle
nothing changed, drove home did the same deal again...nothing changed :4-dontknow:

I already had an appointment for a LOF and have my C/D player installed
and a code came up " battery not fully charged "...Ah WHAT !
I'm used to batteries only lasting a couple of years here in the desert
but the car is only three weeks old :i_rolleyes:

Long story short there was nothing causing the battery to drain, However
it was an Auto Show vehicle and also on the Show Floor, seems like it was
drained and recharged so much it cooked the battery :LOL:

Hope your is an easy fix too :smileup:

#5 · (Edited)
So far what I did was charge the battery overnight it's fully charged but I read somewhere that somebody said disconnect the battery rehook it and see if that works so I tried that cleaned up the battery post rebooked everything and voila ...
Lights came on horn works engine cranks over engine starts now I have a check engine light code lights came on , code u11e9.......
Great now it's ags code....
I did take my radio out to keep that from draining my battery because that's what caused initial problems, I do still need to make an appointment at the dealer to get this solved soon
Off to work ago I'll keep you guys updated the more I find out about this code with the dealer can do and how they fixed my radio

Ps: I am not liable for all auto correct words as I am using voice texting so expect AutoCorrect I'll try and go back and proofread

#8 ·
I had the plain "uconnect 3.0" radio in my Tradesman, this truck was equipped for fleet use so it has no bells and no whistles.

Spent $170 at Crutchfield... http://i.imgur.com/qzox6SE.jpg

Bluetooth, HDRradio, CD, Pandora and a little better sound in my opinion..

(the nav unit on top is a separate thing, talking just about the head unit here)

It's funny the buttons look pink in photos, they're just about the same color white as the gauges when seen in person - I guess maybe the camera is picking up IR or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.