DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New to this forum and Dodge Trucks Please advise.

989 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Townsend 
#1 ·
Hello to all! I am new to this forum and Dodge trucks.

I am in the market for a 10/11 Dodge 1500 Crew/Quad pref Crew.
can anyone provide any feed back about what to look for what options are ava?
Also what is the dif between Rd gen and Th Gen how do I know which is which?
How do I know if the truck has an issue with the Eco mode? Some things I have read say the trucks have issues with this?
I had this in my Pontiac G8 it was DOD displacement on demand and had no issues until I changes over to a new exhaust ( drone) but I deleted DOD with a tune and the drone was gone!

Also what after market exhaust are you running? I like solo but not sure what is the popular one.
I am hoping to find the 5.7 in a crew but may have to settle for the smaller one if I can not find one in my range.
I know search is my friend, but in a forum this large it could take hours to find the info I ma looking for.
Any advise you can provide would be helpful.
Thanks !
Townsend.

See less See more
#2 ·
Not many known issues with the 4th gens. 2011 and 2010 were the same. Look for a truck with the 392 gearing and 26 gallon fuel tank. I have the sport and love the trim level. The unconnect system is cool

Most people modify the exhaust by un bolting the resonator and bolting a muflex resonator in its place.

#5 ·
I haven't had any issues with my '11 HEMI as far as MDS goes. I have the 14" Magnaflow on mine with the stock resonator still on. There's tons of debates about which size and brand of exhaust to put on.. you could spend hours reading about that in here. Me personally I have the single exhaust and wasn't ready to swap bumpers or do duals, so I had the muffler welded in--and I love it. It's not loud enough over stock to wake anyone up but definitely sounds more like a HEMI versus the stock set up. The only thing I wish I would've looked more closely at on mine was I would've wanted steering wheel audio controls--for me it's a pain trying to change SAT channels with the rotating knob on the far side of the radio.

#6 ·
Thanks for all the great info, i am down to just a few the first runner up is an 11 with 9k on the odo. for 22k quad not crew but basicly brand new I cannot seem to beat that price no matter where I look. Wonder what mods are being done to the 4.7 if any?
I will keep reading. Thanks for all the help.

#7 ·
The crewcab is nice to have if your going to have anyone sitting in the back for sure. I agree on the 3.92's if at all possible but wouldn't make that a deal breaker. I have the bigger gas tank and hardly ever notice the slosh that can happen between 1/2 and 3/4 of a tank. I would suggest the 5.7 over the 4.7 though. With the eco mode I get over 600kms to a tank which I think is decent for a vehicle this size. The added power for towing or hauling is nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.