DODGE RAM FORUM banner

ABS, Brake, ESP BAS Warning lights are driving me crazy

18K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  duneop 
#1 ·
A few days ago I was driving on snow/ice & I had to brake pretty hard and slid to a bumpy stop. suddenly the ABS, Brake, ESP/BAS warning lights came on and have been on ever since. I have checked my brake fluid, all fuses and even disconnected the battery trying to reset. I pulgged in a code reader and came up empty handed. any ideas what I should do next?

#5 ·
My 2012 did almost the same.
Gauges would go all screwy different things would come on
Wipers would go on service 4 wheel drive and other misc. things
Showing up
Would be something different every time.
Next day was fine but heated seats would't work

Took to dealer
He said they had 3 pages of fault codes
When they cleared them only heated seat module showed up.
They ordered one
Now the wait
been a week now

#8 ·
ABS, BRAKE, ESP/BAS warnings

I had the same trouble lights show up on my 2010, with the addition of the reverse warning system being disabled. I borrowed a code reader and got code u1417- implausible left wheel distance message received. Sounds like a bad wheel sensor to me, now I need to research how to replace it!! Anyone know of a good source? Can't find anything on youtube.
Thanks

#10 ·
I just picked up a 2009 Ram from a dealer today and made it about 100 miles and I got these same problems. ABS light, traction control, serv 4wd, and lost cruise control. I called them up and they said they will get it in Monday and fix the problem. I assume it is still safe to drive?

#12 ·
Similar Issue

I had similar issues. Mine was after a battery pull. Turns out the truck now thinks it has a diesel transmission and the gear ratio is out. Can't be fixed and the dealer wants like 3 grand to replace the TIPM and instrument cluster. I can tell you that the codes in the computer and the diagnostic report tell you everything you'll need to know to point you in the right direction to the problem. The dealer is most likely too incompetent to figure it out but you should be able to figure it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.