DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Anyone attached to their trucks?

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  mossyoak1500 
#1 ·
I know we all love our trucks, but is anyone really emotionally invested in their trucks?

I sure am. My trucks become a little brother to me. Except all I have to do is put gas and oil in him and fill up the tires. My truck's gotten me out of so many sticky situations off road, and i can't count how many people i've towed out of spots, or batteries i've jumped. Plus, he's been nothing but reliable. In the lifetime of the truck my grandpa and I have almost been the only owners. The first owned it for a year, put about 5,000 miles on it and sold it to my grandpa for a deal. Anyway, in that time the only problems or repairs have been a water pump, brakes, tires and a side view mirror (taken off by yours truely backing out of the garage)

I love my truck. How about you?

G
#2 ·
I like my truck, I really do. I love my wife. I have to keep that straight to promote domestic tranquility. :D

But I have always enjoyed having and using a truck, for my own projects and to help others.

Interestingly enough, I have owned 9 pickups and did some slight mods to a few of them. This Dodge has the most mods of any of my trucks...and I don't think I am done...LOL

#6 ·
I get attached to all my vehicles too, for one reason or another. Still miss my old Ram, but my current one still looks just as good as the day I drove her home. I had considered trading up even though it feels like I'm cheating if I look at another new truck lol, so I just figure I'll pay this one off and then pick up another one later on owing to the fact that me and my truck are inseparable and what's better than one Ram but two?

- Cajun

#9 ·
I learned a long time ago to never get attached to iron. I really enjoy my Ram, and take care of it as though it was a member of the family, but 'when' the time comes to trade it in, as long as the new one is as nice to drive and looks as good in the driveway, I will have forgotten about this one in ...... seconds. :smileup:

#11 ·
Hahahahaha..... :smileup:

#12 ·
not the current truck. i like having it, but my 03, now THAT one i was attached to, and if i didn't have to trade it in for a safer vehicle for the wife and kids to drive around in, i'd still have it. i miss it and almost shed a tear whenever i see one that looks like it. Wife knows it and she feels bad about too. But wife n kids come first. i can always go buy one like it or a Cummins and everything will feel right in the world.

#13 ·
I think it'd be pretty hard for me to get rid of my truck. It wouldn't be an instant thing. I'd do my thinking. I have friends that are always telling me "Dude get a Cummins!" Or "You could get a Gen 3 for the value of your truck." But i just don't think i could go out and trade the thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. My truck may get 10 mpg, and there may come a time where it blows up, or i won't afford to put gas in the thing, but untill that day comes, I'm going to put that pedle to the floormat and smile.

#14 ·
i love my ram and dont think i could ever get rid of her. Idc if gas hits 10 bucks a gallon or the engine n trans blows she's still my baby, altho she'll be a pretty yard ornament for some time while fund gather for repairs lol

#17 ·
Hell yeah I'm attached to both of my MOPARs. If I ever trade in my Ram it would be for an upgraded version of it. Like a 4X4 (currently have the 2WD model) or either a 2500 or 3500.

#18 ·
Unlike my Ford the 2 Dodges Ive had have never let me down have done everything w/ me Im always in my truck on the way to a bonfire,fishing offroading pickup girls the bed has been used for everything from babes to bucks my truck is what I rely on to get me to work without my truck I am screwed o god how I miss it only skips a beat when I bury it in water

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.