DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Crazy times for me!!!

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  snrusnak 
#1 ·
Went out last night....DA was a whopping 282!!!!! Got my new personal best and no longer need a DA corrected time.

Mods are in the sig line: Drop in/stock airbox, Mag exhaust, Fastman TB, DSP 91 tune, stock 20s, 5200 pounds and 3.21 open diff.

14.574 @ 97.82

Slower run, but a great light at .081

So, in review....I have a quad cab 3.21 truck that will run similar times to R/T single cabs and Express single cabs!

See less See more
#2 ·
Those are really good times for 3:21's and stock 20's. Goes to show just how much benefit you've received from your mods. :smileup:

I noticed your better time was about an hour later. I'm guessing this has to do with a combination of slightly cooler air and the computer is adjusting away from DD activity. :)

Or do you do the chefred thing (reset the computer and drive it like you stole it) before going to the track?

#6 ·
You pull the negative terminal off of the battery for about 30 minutes, then turn the key to make sure all the residual power gets drained from the system....then hook er back up! Voila....clean ecu. I read somewhere after clearing the ecu to do this:
1. Start the truck and let it warm up without touching the gas. Turn it off
2. Start it again and let it settle into regular idle without touching the gas. Turn it off
3. Start it and go on an easy ride around the block. Turn it off
4. Start it and have a blast. Turn off when desired.

Not sure why or where it comes from...any help?

#7 ·
not bad.....seems like quicker and quicker times keep popping up with these 4th gens..

#8 ·
Nice times, Timmy!!! How are you liking your new TB? Was it really noticeable when you swapped it from factory? That is my next mod, but have to wait awhile...just bought a new snowmobile!! BTW, was finally able to get you back on rep!!

#9 ·
dang Tim! those are outstanding numbers! seriously with the new gears and LSD, def looking to be way quicker! keep us posted!

#11 ·
oh nice nice!! congrats!

#16 ·
You pull the negative terminal off of the battery for about 30 minutes, then turn the key to make sure all the residual power gets drained from the system....then hook er back up! Voila....clean ecu. I read somewhere after clearing the ecu to do this:
1. Start the truck and let it warm up without touching the gas. Turn it off
2. Start it again and let it settle into regular idle without touching the gas. Turn it off
3. Start it and go on an easy ride around the block. Turn it off
4. Start it and have a blast. Turn off when desired.

Not sure why or where it comes from...any help?
Just to add to this for everyone that's asking, you can speed this process up by holding the brake pedal for 15 or so seconds after you disconnect the battery, it will drain off the remaining charge faster. Then wait just about 5 minutes or 10 or 15 if you want to be conservative and reconnect. Not sure about the other parts that you mentioned Timmy, I've never heard that.

Great times!

EDIT: Oh and I think the key has to be in the on position for the brake light to work...

#17 ·
Its easier to just pull the connections off the ECU no unbolting or need for tools no chance of arcs from metal to terminal grounding.

#19 ·
Not to rain on the parade, but I've been running 13's in my stone stock '09 NON r/t since '09. I have yet to even disconnect the factory-installed battery, let alone go through a semi-elaborate song and dance involving driving, turning it off, etc. What possible purpose does this serve? Has anyone ever conclusively shown that doing all this produces some sort of gain over simply driving the truck competently at the track?

#20 ·
You're right it makes very little difference if any. The main reason for doing this is so the transmission shifts better. It gets used to your daily driving habits and adapts to it. But really, on the track you simply floor it and go, so not much difference.

I've noticed after driving calm for a week, if I give it a lot of gas to downshift, sometimes it hesitates like it doesn't know what gear to go to. If you drive like a madman all the time you probably wouldn't experience this. Again on the track this is relatively useless...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.