DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Level Kit Question

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  moparmanicac 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok I am wanting a level kit but I dont know if I should get the more expensive kit with alot more parts, or if I can just get it cheaply and only need a couple of parts, and it still be safe to operate. I don't have any knowledge on the leveling or lift kits. Anyone know?

Do I need this?
http://www.readylift.com/c-231-dodge-ram-1500-2006-2008-2wd-only-225.aspx

Or can I just get by with this?
http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/dodg...506.aspx?utm_medium=cse&utm_source=googlebase
And do I need new shocks for the truck?

Edit: I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum section, I dont know how to delete it or anything. I just saw the other leveling kit posts so I kinda forgot about the fact that its a 4x4 Off Roading Forum.

#3 ·
DO NOT get the polyurethane leveling kit go with the steel ones. The polyurethane will "smash" down over time and the front end will sag again. And yes you will need new shocks, get plus 2" shocks. Trust me on this after I installed my leveling kit I had the "Death Wobble" when I hit a bump in the highway at anything over 50 m.p.h. After taking it to a couple different shops where they couldn't figure it out my nephew told me it was the shocks. I put plus 2" rancho's on and no more problems!!!

#4 ·
Go with the Bilstein 5100s to level the truck. You will get a set of new shocks and it will make the ride much better. The way it lifts it is better then the way a spacer does it. I used both styles of level in my truck and I definitely liked the 5100s the best.

Just a side note, dont go with the cheaper products. If you want to have a truck that runs properly and safely then go with the best stuff out there. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, that is the best saying and it is true.

#5 ·
Go with the Bilstein 5100s to level the truck. You will get a set of new shocks and it will make the ride much better. The way it lifts it is better then the way a spacer does it. I used both styles of level in my truck and I definitely liked the 5100s the best.

Just a side note, dont go with the cheaper products. If you want to have a truck that runs properly and safely then go with the best stuff out there. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, that is the best saying and it is true.

I 100% agree with ScatPak.

#6 ·
Ok im gonna go with the Bilstein 5100's. But do they make them for the 07 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD, or just the 4x4? Ive been looking, the first thing I saw was an article saying that it costs around $300. But all the ones I've found have been around $100. It doesn't seem right. Can someone help me out with a link to where I could find these?

#7 ·
....question... the bilstein 1500's you speak of; is that all you have to do to level? no spacers or any other part, just the 2" oversized shocks?

i would love to do a full lift for my truck.... but my wallet is being stingy with the $$ - sorry bas**** lol. so i been thinkin bout a level kit and wandering more about them.

#9 ·
Not to jack a thread but I dont feel like this deserves its own thread w/ my leveling kit would 5100s w/ set to 2.1" help w/ holding my truck level,handling and off road? or should I just replace w/ stock sized ones?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.