DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Remote Start Hood Sensor

22K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Outlaw 
#1 ·
I was filling my washer fluid and noticed the hood does not have the pin or whatever you call it that pushes a switch when the hood is closed, which I've mentioned on posts about remote start.

Upon further inspection I found the hood latch has a built in sensor.

#10 ·
Who has installed their own oem remote start? I just finished mine and I have a little problem. My truck did not have the hood latch wiring already there waiting so I had to use the one supplied in the kit. The ground wire was no problem the other wire that goes into the molded plug you have to disassemblem and insert into position 3 it says... well there was already a wire there and the same color so I assumed maybe I just couldnt find the pre wired one so I just swaped them.... Took truck to dealer got it all programed and it works great... however now my windshield washer fluid light is on? Help Please

#11 ·
Fixed it! found the wiring diagram for that plug thanks to the forums and found that the washer fluid sensor wire was to be in pin 10 and upon reassembly of the connector it moved over to 11. Still don't what the wire that was in 3 was or where my hood switch harness is hidden at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.