DODGE RAM FORUM banner

LED Tail Lights and License Plate Lights Installed!

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  wermbang 
#1 ·
Well I had some fun today working on the truck again. Received my new tail lights on Friday and a shipment of LED bulbs as well. The pictures are kind of crappy as I took them an hour ago with my phone but I plan to get more up tomorrow.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Maddog! I'll get more pictures here in a bit.

I do plan on tinting them this next weekend too. They look great as they are but, yeah, they definitely need to be tinted.

#5 ·
Picture Time!

Here is the light fixture style:

Running Lights:

Brake Light:

Reverse:

Now I couldn't get a picture of the license plate LED light just because it's day time. I changed the bulbs with a "Cool White" 4 Bulb LED and it looks a 1000x better then the yellowish white bulb that's in there now. That only took 2 minutes, 4 torx screws, and 3 bucks to do. I highly recommend that mod for anyone who wants a cheap good looking upgrade.

I did also replace a few lights in my interior that were wrong from the first time I did the LEDs. The dome light bulb that I put in is night and day difference with how bright it is compared to the smaller LED I had in there. Hard to tell once again but here is the interior.

#6 ·
Came out real nice. Agree on the license plate mod - that is a must do.

#9 ·
Superbrightleds.com

The bulbs for my truck were a simple wedge based bulb. I just used a torx screwdriver to undo 2 screws and installed the bulbs. It's easy as all get out! I don't know what you'd be looking at with an 06 but I'm sure it's just as easy.

#8 ·
thoes look good bud i like em

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.