DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Chevy Guy turned Mopar - 2011 Hemi Sport

4K views 34 replies 28 participants last post by  gingrbredman 
#1 ·
I recently bought my first Dodge automobile, a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport after being a LONNNG time Chevy guy. Although my wife hates Dodge, I must say, up to this point I am thoroughly impressed and satisfied with my new ride. This biatch will haul!!! I had a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 6.0L Vortech MAX and let me tell you, my stock Hemi sport runs as good as that truck and I had headers, exhaust, air intake, and tuner on my VMAX. I went with the 3.92 gears instead of the 3.55's and you can really tell a difference in low end. So far my mods include: (1) Magnaflow Exhaust (2) Challenger Hemi & R/T badging (3) Mopar Hood Scoop (4) 5% Window Tint (5) Painted antenna base w/ 13" antenna...Gives it a less "Stick out like a sore thumb" effect IMO.

Future Mods: (1) K&N 63 Series FIPK Air Intake (2) Diablosport Predator Tuner (3) 2" Lowered Coil springs for the rear (4) Nitto nt/420s 305/50R20 tires

Take a look at my pics and tell me what you guys think and please offer any suggestions...Thanks for having me in the club!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi there Kyle - how about dropping by the newbie section and introducing yourself too!

A big hello and a warm Carolina welcome to the best Dodge Ram forum!:Hey:

#3 ·
A big hello and a warm Carolina welcome to the best Dodge Ram forum!:Hey:

And be sure you drop by the newbie section for a proper introduction.
:rep: for a first post with photos.

#6 ·
Nice looking truck, don't think I have seen a 4th Gen with the hood scoop. Thanks for the pictures.

#8 ·
Very sharp looking truck. Congrats... I too used to be a chevy guy. no more..lol. this is my 3rd dodge pickup and I love them, especially my 2011. I really like the 5% tint. Wish we could have that here but the state law here is 32% or lighter on the front doors and no darker that 2% on the rear. Let me know how the air intake and tuner work for you whenever the tuners are released for the '11.

#15 ·
Doug, Check this out,

Medical Waivers

Exemption from the window tinting law may be granted for certain medical conditions.
Certification must be made by a licensed physician. For further details contact:

Alabama Department of Public Safety
Driver License Division
Medical Records Unit
P. O. Box 1471

#9 ·
It's totally crazy, 390HP off the shelf.
I'm slightly old school, and remember when IROC Z's and Mustang GT's with 220HP stock were like "wow"...When my old man got his '10, and took me for a ride and romped on it, I was like "hooooly crap!" this thing is sick fast(as I thought to myself, "too bad it's a Dodge'...heh heh...) Never, ever, thought I'd own a Dodge vehicle.
Was a die hard GM guy until the late 90's, and up until now, was a Ford truck guy.

#12 ·
Does that Mopar scoop come color matched? Looks great!

#21 ·
Proud Daddy, that is a sharp looking truck!!! Do you have a link for where you got the hood scoop?

#23 ·
Thanks a ton!!!!!!

#25 ·
Actionjackson, from my own research and the best I can tell, All "The Big 3" (Belltech, Groundforce, McGaughy's) offer right now are whole kits, not individual drop coil pairs! Eventually, one will manufacture these. I have cut my factory coils on other trucks I've owned in the past and they turned out great, but I think since I make more money now than I did back then, I'll just buy them!!! They'll probably run around $200-250 for a pair.

#26 ·
yea i have found the whole kits for around 300.and i have cut the coils on my other rides but for some reason i dont hink i want to do that this time.like you said in your other thread about being on 12 trucks.im on my 26 vechicle since 1995.i have ghettoed some out before and i have paid top dollar for things before and at the end they all work the same.lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.