DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mopar Racing Stripe ~ Lot's O Pics

6K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Rise Captain 
#1 ·
So I decided to try and paint Mopar Racing Stripes or whatever they all called on Dodge Chargers.. First attempt went horribly wrong due to waiting too long to peel the tape off.. Will be using good ole Plasti for the paint.. (Due to me not having the balls to use some sort of real paint incase it does not end well lol)

The results follow..

Before.. ( Taillights Look Not As Tinted Due To The Truck Being Remote Started And Is On With The Parking Lights.. Plz Disregard )

First Attempt.. ( Went Awfully Took it Off Right After And Did Not Do Words Again Even Though I probably Could Have Due To The New Technique )

Second Attempt.. (Will Be Keeping On)

See less See more
Reactions: Hex
#4 ·
EXACTLY what happened ! lol.. The way plastidip is thats what happens and I wasn't thinking about it.. Second attempt I put 1 heavy coat instead of like 4 dried coats and then peeled it right off and used an air compressor to dry it before it ran.. Came out awesome !

way nicer than the first attempt for sure!:poopstorm:

very subtle...i think i really like it! especially without the BLACKOUT written in it!
Thx Primo.. I agree that was a cool idea in the first place but just didn't fit anymore and love it without it.. IMO of course.. To each is to own !

#3 ·
way nicer than the first attempt for sure!:poopstorm:

very subtle...i think i really like it! especially without the BLACKOUT written in it!

#5 ·
That rear badge looks familiar ;) came out good on the stripe.

#6 ·
haha thx !.. But arn't our opposite like your ram head is black with red backing and mine are red ram with black backing ?.. (from sig pic seems to look that way)

#7 ·
^ the front yes but the back is the inverse. Like yours lol

#8 ·
Oh now were talking !.. We need a group or something lol

#9 ·
Heck yes I'm down haha

#12 ·
AHH !.. I knew something had to be wrong !.. lol

That second attempt looks real nice. Good job.
Thx !.. Much appreciation !..

#14 ·
Thx !.. Just make sure to rip the tape off right away so you don't have to make 2 attempts like I did lol

#16 ·
I want to try and Plasti those front "War Paint" stripes.. That's Next

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.