DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2009 Rams... post your MODS!

275K views 374 replies 191 participants last post by  Thunderhorse 
#1 · (Edited)
Who all has done what to the 2009s? Please post! PIX if you gottem.
I'm interested in CAI's and headers if/when they're available.

I finally got around to doing my first mod 2 weekends ago. While on a weekend trip to visit the in-laws, I decided I needed something to do with my time so I stopped at a local truck accessory place and look what I found...

Direct bolt on. Took about 30 minutes to install. No drilling.
http://www.luvernetruck.com/Product_Line/Side_Entry_Steps/side_entry_steps.html

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
MOPWRU2:
How does the "Low Tire " system act now that the rims have been changed?
Did the installer transfer the sensors to the new Rims,or were new ones required ?
I want new rims but need to know what to expect as far as the sensors on the rim.
Thanks for any info you can provide.
jimf5

#13 ·
I have a 2009 1500 crew. So far I have a mopar bed mat and a truxedo lo pro tonneau cover. I have a set of mopar step bars coming on friday, I will post pics this weekend. I love the wheel/tire combo on mopwr2u's rig...I am thinking of doing something similar. I wish that dodge didn't put those cheesy chrome plastic covers on their 20 inch wheels.

#60 ·
tell me how soon you hate them lol....i hate mine

i want the side steps the OP has!!

I got a "insurance mod" hehehe

Oh and i have flowmasters too

im gonna get a Linex bedliner and a tri fold cover

#22 ·
:thk: whats listed below.....waiting for color matching cross-hair grill.

G
#25 ·
Guys...I believe your tire pressure sensors can just be swapped over to a new set of wheels from your stockers. It takes only a few moments for the sensors to calibrate (sometimes only rolling 20 feet or so - been there done that on my Chrysler) and you are good to go.

Nice mods here! Keep 'em coming!

#26 ·
Just ordered a Century Ultra truck cap. Should arrive in a couple weeks, painted and ready to install. I'll post pix when it arrives.

I really wanted a hard, painted tonneau... but all the music gear I need to haul is too high to fit. I'm looking to either build, or buy a winch system to hoist the cap to my garage ceiling for storage because I don't intend to leave it on the truck all the time. If anyone else has a hoist system, please let me know. I'm interested in any info you can provide.

#81 ·
I see you posted this a while back, but if you're still looking to build a hoist for your topper please contact me and I can help you put together a hoist that costs less than $100. I built one for my garage a few years back that works great and is a really simple and easy to use. I could remove and install my topper by myself and still be able to park my truck in the garage. Only problem was with it being a 1 car garage I had to back the truck in everytime when it was hanging, but that didn't bother me any. Or if anyone else here is looking for a design to be able to remove and install their topper with a simple hoist system then PM me and I will be happy to assist. Sorry, but I will not be able to provide pictures as I no longer have this hoist, but I can put together a pretty good schematic and instructions if needed.:thk:

#34 ·
waiting on carbon fiber hood/tailgate stripe graphics........windows tinting next week......an some other goodies on order.......:smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.