DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2009 Rams... post your MODS!

275K views 374 replies 191 participants last post by  Thunderhorse 
#1 · (Edited)
Who all has done what to the 2009s? Please post! PIX if you gottem.
I'm interested in CAI's and headers if/when they're available.

I finally got around to doing my first mod 2 weekends ago. While on a weekend trip to visit the in-laws, I decided I needed something to do with my time so I stopped at a local truck accessory place and look what I found...

Direct bolt on. Took about 30 minutes to install. No drilling.
http://www.luvernetruck.com/Product_Line/Side_Entry_Steps/side_entry_steps.html

Attachments

See less See more
#296 ·
Time for some new pics

Well, right before Christmas, my TRex Billet Grille was delivered. I haven't had any time to work on it but was able to finish it up last evening. Here are a few pics until I can get the truck out to a nicer place for better ones.

#300 ·
sweet mods guys keep up the good work and hopefully within the next couple of mmonths i will have a few more mods to add to this section:)

#303 · (Edited)
Hey all. Its been quite a while since I posted in the forumz. Life's been busy, but I've still been moddin. Some of my recent mods include:
New Sunburst orange grill with blacked out cross bars and inserts.
Nfab wheel to wheel steps.
Black OEM door handles.
Bilstein shocks all around.
Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x121.5x20
Tinted windows
Some additional blacked out bits and accessories.
A new dent in the rear bumper!!! :4-dontknow:
Considering Plasti-dip'n the chrome bumpers, or goin' all in and using Line-X or other bed liner product.

Other mods on the to-do list are blacking out the headlight buckets, and a Power Ram-like matte black decal for the hood.

Anyhow, enjoy the pics.
BTW, as a result of the mods, I have several goodies being posted to the For Sale section. :smileup:

Attachments

#304 ·
i got the raptor 4" oval tubes and just got a set of nitto dune grapplers 285/70/17 witch are 33/11.5/17. it seems like a strange idea to run dune tires in maine but i dont plane to take my truck in the mud and rot it out, but ill stop in a sand pit to un load my quad.
it just snowed out early. go figure, the dune tires out performed yokahama ATs

#308 ·

right after i got it I painted the calipers red.

then this nasty unplaned upgrade lead to the one below.

New sport bumper upgrade.

currentlly red hood stripes, window tint and rhino lineings bed liner. but now I have a $1000 budget and trying to plan the biggest impact next

#309 ·
Mines not an '09 but my '11 has a mod thread if u wanna see mine.

#311 ·
HID's, 15% Llumar Tint, Chrome Door Handles, Mopar Bed Liner, Chrome Side Steps, AVS Window Visors, K&N Drop-in, PCV Delete w/Breather filter, Flowmaster 70, Curt CLIII Reciever Hitch, Sonnax Trans Line Pressure Booster, Westin Smoked Bug Shield, DiabloSport Tuned.

#313 ·
"Un-Modded"

Well, first the bad news... my 09 Crew had a run in with some ice and a tree! :doh:

Insurance didn't total it, but I didn't want the headache of a repaired truck, so I traded it on a new 12 Quad. Bringing it home tomorrow. :smileup:

Taking a few items off the old truck (exhaust / intake / sub / amp...), but mostly starting over with our new AutoAnything buds!

I guess I'll have to start a new mod thread.
Plans include a 6" BDS Lift
20" XD Hoss Wheels
35" Nitto Trails
Bushwakers
NFAB Steps and Pre-Runner Bar
Tint / Vent Shades
Bed Rug and TruxEdo TruXport Tonneau
Etc.
Stay tuned...:smiley_thumbs_up:

#316 ·
First night on here, just joined
I've got an AFE cold air intake kit on the way. It uses the existing bottom part of factory air box. Bought it at auto anything.com, had a promo code for 20% off and free shipping to new customers. Took the price down to $133! That's over half the price of a K&N, hope it performs okay.

#319 ·
26 in rims (I know, it's not for everyone)
I like how that's the first thing people post when they have wheels larger than 22" lol
It's a nice truck man,and it's your style don't worry about it. :smileup:

That's what makes the auto community so awesome. We don't think vehicles are just to get us from A to B, instead they're transformed into style and personality bit by bit.

#320 ·
Quality HIDs

Hey guys New around here but keep seeing people asking about HIDs. I have Converted every vehilce I own to HIDs. 09 Ram Sport, 89 Cherokee, 01 F-350 and the Wifeys 98 Mustang. I used HVids HID system complete with balasts and everything else you need most sets went for about 120 unless yu had older stlye housings like on the jeep. Replacement housings for 25 each I think. All colors availabl through them online. White , Blue, Purple, Yellow and Pink. I'll try to post some picks in the next week. Hope that helps

#321 ·
Here is the most recent picture, with Belltech 2/4 kit, Pace Edwards JackRabbit guess i could have washed it first haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.