DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2009 Rams... post your MODS!

275K views 374 replies 191 participants last post by  Thunderhorse 
#1 · (Edited)
Who all has done what to the 2009s? Please post! PIX if you gottem.
I'm interested in CAI's and headers if/when they're available.

I finally got around to doing my first mod 2 weekends ago. While on a weekend trip to visit the in-laws, I decided I needed something to do with my time so I stopped at a local truck accessory place and look what I found...

Direct bolt on. Took about 30 minutes to install. No drilling.
http://www.luvernetruck.com/Product_Line/Side_Entry_Steps/side_entry_steps.html

Attachments

See less See more
#354 ·
my truck

I have a long list of mods but not sure yet how make them show when ever I post . Here is a couple older pics of my truck . when I get around to it I will take some new pics with the srt-10 rims with 305/40-ZR22 sneakers , the side exit magnaflow , ARH headers , and some under the hood pics as well .

#358 ·
my latest

Well i finally did it I drilled some holes in my babies box and installed my latest acquisition a 16000 lb fifthwheel hitch.
Hated to do it but it had to be done in order to pull my other baby. Lol
Also installed a Reese Sidewinder to protect the back of my cab from being crunched. Lol

Attachments

#360 ·
Airlift Mod

Just got done installing air bags in the rear just to help carry the load of my trailer and help stabilize the loads while traveling . Nice product this is the second set of these I have done. Airlift 1000 is the way to go for us backyard meachanics LOL . I installed the valve in the box behind the left tiedown and it looks good.

#361 ·
After my rear passenger door got dented because of a stupid small wall (stupid me for hitting it)I thought it was time to spoil the truck a bit.
got pinion nut inspected and fixed and took the oppertunity to install this:

instead of this:

you don't see it on the outside but its a huge difference!

also had belstein 5100 installed in the front. heared many great thinks about them but they exceeded my expectations!

before:

after:

#363 ·
2009 Ram 1500 MODS

Some mods so far include
K&N aircharger CAI
Bullydog gt performance tuner
Rough County pocket style fender flares
35x12.5x20 Mickey Thompsons ATZ p3
20" chrome Fuel Mavericks
Tuff County 4" uni-ball lift
Mopar chrome gas cap
Future mods to come very soon include
MBRP xp series exhaust with blacked out tips
Shorty Headers
Bilsteins upfront/heavy duty coils in back
Blacked out side steps

Attachments

#364 · (Edited)
2009 Ram 1500 mods

MODS LIST...so far.

1 1/2" Leveling Kit
33" General GRABBER AT 2
Firestone "Ride-Rite" Air Bag Helper Springs [REAR]
Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover
PIAA Light Bar
510 SMR Fog XTreme White Plus Halogen Lamp Kit
510 SMR Driving XTreme White Plus Halogen Lamp Kit
Raptor series Running Boards
OEM Chrome Fuel Cover
OEM smoke vent visors

I should add that the PIAA lights will be put on this weekend.

Attachments

#367 ·
Big Blue

My last post about my truck was in 2009 when I first got it, almost six years later and 132000 miles I have added a few things to it; 2” lift from hell bend steel, went from the stock LT 265/70R17E to an LT285/75R17E Nitto Terra Grappler, Extra lights below rear and front bumper (turn /brake park). However, this past weekend was the biggest mod and the best after fighting with stealer ship over my check engine light and spending $$$, I went and got the Sinister EGR delete kit, throttle valve delete, Diamond Eye performance exhaust (turbo back) EFI-Live Auto-Cal with the CSP5 switch. :smileup:Best money I spent so please with the way it runs and sounds now and best part no more check engine light, kick myself for not doing this long ago. Next on my list is new brakes on rear, some more lights and a 4” to 6” exhaust tip in flat black.
See my pictures in my profile

#372 ·
Any 2009 owners out there still? My recent attempt to upgrade to a newer truck/car has failed, so I decided to put more work into my truck to make it feel new.

Probably is, i can't seem to locate the things I want. Body matched front/rear bumper and grill. Also, are there any instrument cluster mods, something a little more bright and luxurious?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.