DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2009 Rams... post your MODS!

275K views 374 replies 191 participants last post by  Thunderhorse 
#1 · (Edited)
Who all has done what to the 2009s? Please post! PIX if you gottem.
I'm interested in CAI's and headers if/when they're available.

I finally got around to doing my first mod 2 weekends ago. While on a weekend trip to visit the in-laws, I decided I needed something to do with my time so I stopped at a local truck accessory place and look what I found...

Direct bolt on. Took about 30 minutes to install. No drilling.
http://www.luvernetruck.com/Product_Line/Side_Entry_Steps/side_entry_steps.html

Attachments

See less See more
#73 ·
Just picked up my RAM 1500 Sport Quad couple weeks ago.. haven't really done a lot of mods yet.. have lots planned for next year when it gets warm.. LOL

So far I have the Mopar side steps (will change later for ones that extend towards the box), Trifecta Tri-fold, Husky custom fit floor mats will be here tomorrow and Line-X color matched in the bed.

it's a start...

Attachments

#75 ·
I bought my 09 ram trx4 hemi a few months ago. Since then I added westin 4" running boards, 2" leveling kit, 18" eagle rims, 34" nitto's, tool box, Aries bull bar and Hella lights. I'm stuck and don't know what to do next. Any ideas? Pics soon to come before mods and after.

#79 ·
Cool vid RamDrvr1500, nice job on the stripes, lools awesome! :D

Absolutely lovin' those lights, Mahoo01! Cool mod, nice work! :D

- Cajun :pepper:

#80 ·
Hi there :Cpelton", you mentioned you have HID's, I have noticed the low beams are pretty good, but the High beams are limited for a couple of reasons.
The most noticable is the sadly lacking ability to light up the highway on the sides where the Kangaroo's hide (Deer.... forgot I wasn't in Australia anymore), and just as noticable is the way the light beam has a "roof" making the beam height very narrow, most annoying when there are dips and waves in the road, so I though about putting some foglamps under the bumper, but it's all plastic (I have a chrome bumper but no foglight cutouts), and they would hang a bit low for the snow etc (I prefer good old 6 inch driving lights anyway).
Then I thought about behind the grille, which presents a few potential problems. Because of the stuff they have behind there they would have to sit towards the middle, the honey comb inserts would block some of the light and would potentially reduce the airflow to the coolers/radiator etc. (By the way, YES the transmission cooler and A/C condenser ARE the same unit, the trans cooler is the top 6 inches or so, but on a warm day observing the trans temp in the center display, this seems more than enough.... for now).
So the best idea I can think of (apart from making holes in the chrome bumper similar to the factory option, or those silly looking licence plate brackets) is to build some brackets that slip under the plastic cover on top of the bumper, there is about a 1/2 inch gap, and found a couple of holes in the bumper metal. so without drilling holes the brackets could be made to curl out, up, and sit above the plastic to mount the lights, would have to make them with channel or 1/2 inch rectangle tube to stop vibration, but has anyone else thought about this or seen any set-ups.
I did see the very good, and helpful tip about how to wire into the power circuits, but I am the kind of guy that likes to do things so they look factory (yup, too fussy for my own good.... but I'm getting therapy...)
So I'm thinking about getting a headlight switch with the foglight button option, I haven't checkd the wiring diagrams out yet but there should be the pigtails (harness connectors) that I need, of course going through the computer this is only ok for "Foglights" (low beam operation only) not driving lamps on high beam, but I'll work on it. Of course all I need to do is take a power slpice off the highbeam though a relay like noraml, but I want a factory looking switch somewhere.

#85 ·
Mods ram rt

1deg camber front, k&n drop, mopar cai on order, 295/ 45 20 bf kdw hooks up much better then stock crap. R/t badge on back tail gate. Looks sweet!!

#86 ·
09 Ram Sport CC SunBurst Orange, Blacked Out, Debadged, Color Keyed Grill, Flowmaster 50, Black Dynasty wheels 22x9.5, Nitto 305x45x22 Blacked Out Tails, Headlights, Side Marker Lights and Exhaust, 6k HIDs Headlights and Fogs Diablo Sport Custom Tune, Interior Trim and Dash Painted.

#89 · (Edited)
Mod List - 2009 Stone White Ram Laramie

1- Demolded and Debadged, including big ole' plate-sized ram on the tailgate.
* Required a custom plate fabbed and welded in due to mounting holes and recessed mounting for emblem.
2- Colormatched rear bumper from Ram Sport.
3- Colormatched front bumper from Ram TRX.
4- Colormatched tailgate handle.

* Requires smoothing of textured plastic and minor trimming/sanding for perfect flush fit.
5- Hood from Ram R/T
* Perfect bolt-on, no mod required. No provision for true ram air. Stock grilles are block-offs and for looks only.
6- Colormatched grill from Ram TRX.
* In 2009, only way to get stone white body colored grill. Even Sports from 09 had chrome grills. Not all color groups available in the TRX models. Some R/T models were available, but most dealers could not find correct part #'s.
7- Chrome, "slat" style grille insert from 2010 model.
* Bodycolor grille with "slat" style grille insert factory installed has been discontinued for 09 colors - introduced late in 09, normally available with honeycomb grille only.
8- 20" chrome Sport Wheels
* Replaced Laramie wheels with Sport model wheels.
9- Flowmaster dual in -out muffler. Stock rear duals, incl. resonators.
* Gained 12.5 hp on dyno (same day) with this combo. Sounds aggressive, but not excessively loud, no drone at all. Tried and removed custom 2.5" duals out the back with resonator delete - yeilded same hp gain, but noticibly louder and lots of drone in cab.
10- K&N filter in stock air intake.
* Gained 3.5 Hp on dyno with this combo. Tried and removed 2 other CAI kits due to loudness and LOSS of HP (same day). Gained same HP with Volant system, but is louder and costs over $300.
11- Predator Programmer
* gained 19.5 Hp total with this combo of intake and exhaust mods. Fuel mileage up by 3 mpg if you drive normal, down significantly over stock if you hot-rod it.
12- Fender flare delete when truck was ordered.
* If you order a solid color Laramie ( not available for all colors), fender flares are optional.
13- Integrated backup camera installed.
* In hindsite, would have gotten a $60 camera from ebay and modded the tailgate handle as others have on this site. The factory kit is great, with no drawbacks, but for $250-$325 reatail you could get a lockpick and camera for your nav unit for same money.
14- MyGig Lockpick
* If you dont have one of these for your nav unit get one. 15 minutes of install to get what factory should have done. Fully unlocked nav features in drive, and DVD/Sat viewing in drive. Also give seamless inputs for other cameras or accessories. Best bang for the buck upgrade.

#93 ·
FL09RAMSPORT, that is a nice looking truck you have, nice work on the mods!!! Love the interior accents, looks awesome! :D

- Cajun :pepper:

#96 ·
Truck mods

The silver ram is a friends truck.

#97 · (Edited)
2009 Dodge Ram Laramie

09 DODGE RAM 1500 LARAMIE

Debadged, including Huge Ram on tailgate, colormatched tailgate handle.
Flowmaster exhaust
K&N filter
Sport wheels, replaces Laramie style
Sport rear bumper, replaces chrome one
R/T hood
Trx front bumper, painted to match, replaces chrome one
Colormatched grille, with bar style insert, replaces chrome and honeycomb
Mopar backup camera
Lockpick

Attachments

#99 ·
09 DODGE RAM 1500 LARAMIE

Debadged, including Huge Ram on tailgate, colormatched tailgate handle.
Flowmaster exhaust
K&N filter
Sport wheels, replaces Laramie style
Sport rear bumper, replaces chrome one
R/T hood
Trx front bumper, painted to match, replaces chrome one
Colormatched grille, with bar style insert, replaces chrome and honeycomb
Mopar backup camera
Lockpick
WOW.. That looks pretty sick. Great job

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.