DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2009 Rams... post your MODS!

275K views 374 replies 191 participants last post by  Thunderhorse 
#1 · (Edited)
Who all has done what to the 2009s? Please post! PIX if you gottem.
I'm interested in CAI's and headers if/when they're available.

I finally got around to doing my first mod 2 weekends ago. While on a weekend trip to visit the in-laws, I decided I needed something to do with my time so I stopped at a local truck accessory place and look what I found...

Direct bolt on. Took about 30 minutes to install. No drilling.
http://www.luvernetruck.com/Product_Line/Side_Entry_Steps/side_entry_steps.html

Attachments

See less See more
#131 ·
^^
Thanks, the rims on the truck are MOPAR, I bought them on EBAY from OE wheel distributors after going to the dealer and finding out they're $585+ TAX per RIM!!
They were 168.99 ea and are 100% Original MOPAR parts, FORGED 1 PC Aluminum rims.
They weight 2lbs less than the chrome clads but are a MUCH nicer rim IMHO.
Here's the link ;-)
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/

#134 ·
They don't show a picture on the OE wheels website but they are listed on under Dodge truck wheels...
They ALSO have a post on EBAY which I found, and then called them direct to buy them rims.
I have noticed on EBAY site they've gone up $20 per wheel, must be gettin popular!

Here's the EBAY link guys, hope it helps!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/One-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I can't say enough how much I like these rims, pics just don't do them justice!!
Also they come with OE centre caps!!

#136 ·
They don't show a picture on the OE wheels website but they are listed on under Dodge truck wheels...
They ALSO have a post on EBAY which I found, and then called them direct to buy them rims.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/One-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Thanks for the link. I really like the way they look on your truck.

Just installed the K&N CAI on my 4.7L. It sounds like a beast at WOT, can't wait to get my Mufflex 14 in a few weeks.
View attachment 3973 View attachment 3974 View attachment 3975
Intake looks good! :rep:

#137 ·
09-10 1500 RAM HID conversion kit install

Here is my truck with "FACTORY LOOKING" HIDs lights installed.
I am currently writing a post for a complete detailed installation of HID conversion kit for a "Factory Look". Hoping to get it finished by end of next week.
If someone where to open my hood, the only thing that may cause them to question a non-factory installation is the fuse sticking out of the battery terminal.

Other MAPAR parts are Tubular Side Steps (wheel to wheel), Hard Folding Tonneau Cover and Deluxe Molded Splash Guards (mud flaps).
Interior sports a set of Husky liner front and rear to keep snow/slush off the carpet.

Very please with this truck! Long live the HEMI!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#139 ·
My change holder

I bought my truck in July 09 and the lack of a change holder drove me nuts for about 1 week. My 07 had an ashtray that held a decent amount of coins, my 09 doesn't. I picked up a rubbermaid container at Target for a couple bucks. Holds tons of change! Actually only 2 cups. Fits nicely in flip up console.

Attachments

#142 ·
Air Lift kit

I got a picture of my hitch cover, and the air lift kit that I installed in the rear suspension. Here is a picture of the controller in the dash, as well as my tonneau cover open & Mopar mud flaps.

Attachments

#147 ·
Sorry, I worded that wrong.......I had the dealer add the remote start and the Uconnect. Cost $150 Can. for each install in labour:doh:BUT WELL WORTH IT IMHO!!
Couldn't be happier with Both features! The phone is awesome since it just became law here to have hands free only, I had bought a bluetooth and hated it! Stop using the phone in the car, this has made that possible again! Remarkably clear well worth the investment, and much safer!
And the remote start well, that's just the cats ass:smileup:Makes my truck almost perfect:smileup:

#150 ·
Mopar lift

Anyone hear of a 4" suspension lift from Mopar for 2009 1500s? My dealer's parts guy say he thinks he saw a notice on one and is going to look it up for me. He said because it is Mopar it will not affect the warranty. it sounds too good to be true to me. Thanks for any input guys and gals.
Kevin

#151 ·
Well, I'll answer my own question. I stopped at the dealer and they do indeed have a Mopar 4" suspension lift kit for 2009-2010 Ram 1500 4x4. It is a 3" lift if you have the TRX4 . It will not affect your warrenty in any way. I am not sure who makes this kit for Mopar, but it looks like a pretty much complete kit like you would get from the big name suspension companies like pro comp ect. It is expensive though, about $2,500 retail plus about 8 hours labor. My dealer will sell it to me at his cost, $1,900 plus the labor. I think I will have to do it. I am no expert at lift kits, but my 4x4 shop owner guy says it looks like a very nice lift, and is worth it for not voiding your warranty. Just thought I would let you guys know.

#153 · (Edited)
Thanks! I am going to have him order it next week. I am also getting some 35x12.5x20 pro comp xtreme ATs and bushwacker pocket flares color matched. 14" mufflex magnaflows also going on. I will post some pictures when I am done.

#155 ·
LOL...you ain't kiddin!

#156 · (Edited)
Just got my headers and my exhaust on today! had a shipping issue with the CAI so that and my dyno/tune will have to wait for a little bit.

Dynatech Headers, Borla Exhaust, Tonneau Cover.

Have a video of the new exhaust sound, once i figure out how to upload it i'll post it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.