DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2009 Rams... post your MODS!

275K views 374 replies 191 participants last post by  Thunderhorse 
#1 · (Edited)
Who all has done what to the 2009s? Please post! PIX if you gottem.
I'm interested in CAI's and headers if/when they're available.

I finally got around to doing my first mod 2 weekends ago. While on a weekend trip to visit the in-laws, I decided I needed something to do with my time so I stopped at a local truck accessory place and look what I found...

Direct bolt on. Took about 30 minutes to install. No drilling.
http://www.luvernetruck.com/Product_Line/Side_Entry_Steps/side_entry_steps.html

Attachments

See less See more
#190 ·
Very nice Mattones. Tell us how you did that. I think a Mopar CAI would look great sitting in there now!

#191 ·
Here is mine....Mods listed in sig.

Attachments

Reactions: MightyBlueRam
#197 ·
Sweet truck. Question for ya. When you put the bushwackers on the front fenders did they come with a piece to cover over the front bumper? I really like the look but would need the bumper flare to round everything off.

Also do you have another pic of the front from farther away?

#193 ·
Yeah, I found it after I posted here..lol. Very nice job, and I thought I was done! Now I have something else cool to think about!

#195 ·
First off, welcome to the forum! We're glad to have you here! It's all up to you on what kind of stance you want. If you don't want to spend all that money on a full lift, you could always install a leveling kit in the front and achieve a level stance. A leveling kit opens up the option of running bigger tires also. If you give us some more specs on your truck, we might be able to help you further. Here's a thread with the tire size I would recommend (with aftermarket rims)

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=52343

#198 ·
PorkChop: The headlights were sent away to be powder coated inside. The lens itself is still clear.
PSU: Thanks! That is how the flares come, I am not sure why they stop there, but most kinds I found do. They are not compensating for the sport bumper I think. There may be another brand out that that is like what you want. I will try to get a pic from farther away.

#201 ·
I'll try to get some more pics Dave. It is not the real carbon fiber but the "black fiber" . The real carbon fiber was $60 more.

#202 ·
Just installed my Speedstur tonneau.

#205 ·

Just installed McGaughys 2/4 spindle lowering kit and 2 crave 24's. Got an Autotek Mean Machine 3000 watt amp and 2 12" memphis m3's goin in this week.

I'll be getting a volant cai, exhaust, and superchips programmer sometime soon.
Does anyone know if hooker makes any headers for our trucks yet?

#207 ·
Thanks Mightyblue!

#211 ·
they are 295/35/24
I actually haven't had too much of a rubbing issue. They rub slightly when turning all the way left. I was going to go with 305's but the shop i got them at said the 305's would rub after the drop. If you're not planning on droppin your truck then you would be fine with 305's

#212 ·
Thanks for the kind words I tinted my tails using VHT night shades and I have a color matched grill on its way. I'll post pics of the progress when I get the grill mounted, my next thing on my list is to black out the headlight inners.

On a side note anybody ever order anything from Mopar parts America?

#216 · (Edited)
Lol. I take it as quite a compliment that you looked at my truck and it made you borrow a Mod or two! I know I borrowed more than a few from many other members on here. There are so many amazing and unique trucks here, and Dodge Ram owners are the best! Please post some pics of yours when you get the grill. :7309300734:

#217 ·
hey I have a electric blue sport and was thinkin of going with powder coat rims white and the grill white and just all the little accerioss out side white..but my wife said that, that would look kindof girlie and jsut go with blacking everything out?? help??? what way should i go

#221 ·
I think you would look more unique if you went with the white, but I am not sure how good that would look. There may be some other Gen. Rams with that color combo if you do a search.

#220 ·
Suspension lift installed about $3,000. Tires about $1,400. The steps are about $500 or so. So about $5,000 for the basics of his look if you keep your stock wheels.

#222 ·
yeah i think im going to go for it this weekend! ill take some pics of all of it!

#223 ·
Good luck...I can't wait to see it!

#225 ·
09 ram mods and pics

Very first post on this site! Very cool!
I did a badge elimination replacing them with my own custom B-FX XXX DESIGNS flat black decals. Rims are custom black/alum. stock tires for now... flowmaster 40 with a rear exiting dual tip(sim. to the srt 10) factory step boards, window tint. hope to post some pics when i figure how to...look forward to more Ram forumz.

#226 ·
Very first post on this site! Very cool!
I did a badge elimination replacing them with my own custom B-FX XXX DESIGNS flat black decals. Rims are custom black/alum. stock tires for now... flowmaster 40 with a rear exiting dual tip(sim. to the srt 10) factory step boards, window tint. hope to post some pics when i figure how to...look forward to more Ram forumz.
Welcome to the forum! Definitely looking forward to those pics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.