DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Let's See Your Ram Working!

129K views 797 replies 181 participants last post by  NevadaMike 
#1 ·
Helped a friend haul hay for his hobby farm.

Crappy cell phone pic...

26 square bales. It just softened the ride out a little...:smiley_thumbs_up:

So gang, let's see pics of your trucks doing what trucks were originally built for...hauling stuff!

See less See more
Reactions: DOZER
#232 ·
had a little load on the other day and quick took a snap of her. Load weighed at 27,000# had to pump air bags up to 75 psi to get it to sit a little more level

#235 ·
HOLY MOLY.:SHOCKED: Got trailer???

#234 ·
truck handles it just fine . i am going to sell it though because im starting to have to pull loads like this more and more now cause of my business growing. but i have pulled my telehandler which weighs 32,000# and it does just fine. i take it easy on the skinny pedal and she works right through the gears and goes good. I usually have a trailer hooked to her almost everyday and lightest load i pull is 8900# ish. between all terrain scissor lifts, skidloaders,lumber,steel,forklifts etc this truck works for a living and havent had any big issues and she pulls pretty good for a gasser. Had the telehandler on one time and swung into scales and DOT officer told me to pull around back. I weighed in at 38900 and all he wanted to ask was what year my truck was and how i liked the diesel lol. I said man this one isnt a diesel its a hemi and he was overly impressed. he took a pic of my truck and said i gotta show my ford buddies this one and said have a good day and GO RAM!!! lol i was shocked but hey at least he had good taste

#248 ·
went mudding before my 900 mile trip from mississippi to michigan... a coworker of mines truck broke down on the way to alabama... so we towed it back for him.. here is a short video..

and this is the work i got to do today.

#250 ·
aparini - You dirty Ram owner you!!!! :gr_grin: If they had a contest for the dirties truck on this forumz you would get my vote. :smileup:

fastNugly @ BP - I think you should report to the staff of this site that some one has stolen a whole lot of letters off your user name.:LOL:

#263 ·
^those are some sweet trucks!

I gave my new springs/air springs a work out today. This is with the 2" drop springs from tuftruck(advertised as 2", I got more like .5" to 1" drop). Also have the 9" long air lift 1000 air bags. I bought the spings used off another member. I bought air lift kit but with the drop they were too long so I got shorter air bags.

Roughly 2,250 lbs plus driver. Driver is a very dense 220lb :)

Yeah she's a squatting but it's also ~900lb over capacity and it rode great. The air bags really do a good job keeping it from swaying and bouncing around. It was sitting right to where the bump stops were touching. This was with ~35psi(max). I filled the bags AFTER loading, which is not correct, but I had no option.

And I swear my truck gets better mpg with a load in the bed...

#265 ·
lol yeah well I showed up to the plant about 1hr too late so figured I shouldn't stop at a gas station to fill up with air. I loaded then filled right across the street. I think it'd sag either way though not really positive about that. But I think even filling it first the spring would compress on bumps. Maybe I'm wrong though. I'll try it again one of these days the proper way, I got my pump in the mail today so will leave it in the truck.

Still, even with the squat, considering the weight I was impressed. The air bags prevented all the swaying/bouncing.

#268 ·
yeah tires are E rated so no trouble there. The "half ton" handled over 1 ton pretty good. And I keep seeing threads about people b*tching about the coil spring reduced payload. I don't get it... This truck handles more weight than any pickup I've had.

#269 ·
^ agreed. I love my truck.. and it she handles everything I can throw at her... I wont flood with the same pictures.. I've already posted... but 2500lbs is just another day. yes I would love to get some airbags to negate the sag but still haven't hit the bump stops. Ill Have new pictures to post this week ... Pulling a 28 foot car hauler full of bar booths from Detroit to Denver.... 18 hour haul.

#279 ·
#280 ·
This setup is badass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.