DODGE RAM FORUM banner

HELP Worlds Worst HID Install

938 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Munki63 
#1 · (Edited)
So I order a HID kit from DDM by looking up the factory bulbs I need, get the bulbs....Oh crap Ive got an aftermarket housing, So I order the right bulbs and get moving on the install thinking I have quad lights....

What do I do now?

See less See more
#3 ·
From what I can see and its not easy with the picture, but you have Quads on a dual wire harness. so you would need to just get a couple of connectors that you splice into the wire harness and connect your separate ballasts for your lows and your highs, Blue and black wire is your lows, and Red and black your highs, would be nice to see what connector you have at the bulb and see if its a normal Bulb plug female that will connect up to a ballast. I would check what plug you got at the bulbs, then order a good kit made for the Ram from retrosolutions, one that comes with the resistors and the capacitor, wire hardness, the complete kit. JMO

#5 ·
depends on your connectors, but you can pick up some connectors that will work from most auto parts places, but What I would do is get a complete kit with wire harness made for your year truck, and you should be able to just wire it in without cutting in to your trucks wire harness. If you was closer I would help you install it, its pretty simple, 2 wire for each bulb, one positive, one negative, ballasts is the same, plug wire from current bulb into ballast and ballast output wire plugs into bulb, bulb screws into socket, done. if plugs don't match up, get proper plugs from local shop and wire them in. Best setup is with a wire harness with resistors and capacitor, only need to connect it to one of the trucks light outputs, the wire harness will switch on both ballast one for each headlamp, if you want to do both highs and lows, you will need 2 wire harnesses, 4 ballasts and 4 bulbs. If you look at the FAQ's at retrosolutions you will see diagrams on the setup. Hope this helps

#6 ·
You plug the connectors in each individual housing where you would plug in the bulbs then cut a slit on the rubber pieces and run your ballasts warning connectors, etc . If I can take my lights out I will take a picture. DO NOT CUT WIRES!

Reactions: Asur
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.