DODGE RAM FORUM banner

mr.lopar's mod thread

38K views 342 replies 28 participants last post by  mr.lopar 
#1 ·
sapose i can start a build thread on my 99 ram

heres what it looked like the day i brought it home in october of 09, damn it was a nice truck:doh:

few days later the topper and running boards came off and swapped out the wheels/tires for 15x8 wagons wrapped in 32s

that winter i trashed the 1st bumper climbin a snow bank at work

See less See more
#235 ·
on friday i replaced the right side rocker, when i cut it open i found out why it was rotted

then yesturday i replaced the doors with my rust free ones, i got tired of looking at my rusty fenders, and got tired of the tires rubbing em, so out came the sawzall and angle grinder

#254 ·
Well I had a broken leaf spring on each side

So removed the broken leaf, and through in a complete 3 pack from a 2000 Chevy Tahoe I was scrapping. After installing em the 2 factory leafs got rearched because of the Tahoe springs, plus essentially I added 2 springs so I got about 2"of lift out of it, plus it rides WAY better

#262 ·
didn't get a whole lot done since I need to order different head gaskets,but I did install frost plugs, oil pump and pickup tube, made sure the cam gear bolt was torqued, and installed the crank seal in the timing cover

lower end

and of course I had to mock it all up :biggrin:

and tucked away for the night

#263 ·
Nice build you got going on man...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.