DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Factory radio touch screen

20K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  j2010ray 
#1 ·
I have just the regular cd player in my truck with alpine system, and was wondering if any one has gone to a factory touch screen non nav or swapped in a aftermarket radio, are there any problems with keeping you steering wheel controls or alpine system working?

Im guessing with the factory swap everything would work fine, but what about going with a aftermarket touch screen? What aftermarket radios would be a good choice?
Sorry for the dumb question lol just new to the whole ram scene.

ps anyone got a factory one for sale hit me up!! :smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs_up:

#5 ·
you can retain all your steering wheel controls with an after market touch screen system. Generally it is a plug and play add on harness when you install them. PAC i believe is a manufacturer of these harnesses. Go aftermarket system. Way more options and better touch screen. Check out Pioneer and Kenwood. Those were my favs

#6 ·
yeah but double din is the way to go and there is no double din that can fit a dodge ram without moding the dash.

G
#7 ·
You can get the DD bezel for your dash and upgrade to the MyGig head unit. It's pretty much plug and play.

You can get the DD bezel for your dash and upgrade to an aftermarket DD head unit. When you go aftermarket head units, and/or upgrade to an aftermarket amp, one or more of the following adapter harnesses from PacAudio:

C2ACHY: Aftermarket amp interface for CAN BUS vehicles.

C2RCHY4: Aftermarket head unit with NAV outputs.

C2R-CHYNA: Radio replacement interface for non-amplified Chrysler vehicles.

SWI-JACK: Steering wheel control interface for JVC, Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood, OEM, Valor and Blaupunkt radios

SWI-CAN: CANBUS steering wheel control add-on interface for Chrysler vehicles.

G
#12 ·
I would contact eBay seller airparkcjd, an online Chrysler Jeep Dodge dealer parts department. If the part is available, they can get it for you.

I've gotten a lot of different parts from them. Great service, very competitive pricing, they ship quickly if the part is in their stock.

jleonard@vtaig.com

kthwaits@vtaig.com

480-951-0020

Airpark Dodge Ram Chrysler Jeep

7801 E Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd

Scottsdale AZ 85260

#16 ·
Does anybody no if you upgrade to the ren non nav touch screen radio, will I need the satellite radio adapter. I have Sirius now on my res radio. Will that be able to convert? When I looked at the ren radios on crutchfield there was two models one with the satellight reciever and one without. Price difference of about 200 bucks. I would like to be able to use the antenna I have now.

#17 ·
If you upgrade to aftermarket, I believe you will lose the Sirius radio function from factory. That is what Crutchfield have on there site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.