DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mopar performance exhaust

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  chefred112 
#1 ·
I just put on the Mopar performance exhaust on my 2012 Ram 1500. I previously had the flowmaster 40 series. Though I don't like how quiet it is, it feels to have better throttle response. Any suggestions on getting thiswith a more aggressive sound to it?

#2 ·
deleting cats? or adding cut outs or headers

#4 ·
what do they sound like without cats? never heard one without them

#7 · (Edited)
You could try the cherry bomb extreme, its a single cbamber muffler vs the FM40 2 chamber.

You just go straight pipe with a y pipe in place of the muffler?

I currently have the Extreme and love it, i had a 2 chamber muffler very similar to the 40 and it was okay, changed fo the extreme and never looked back!! many others like the Extreme too.

it cost about 60 on amazon.

Longtube Headers would make it sound great and add a good amount of power down low, but they cost ~$1500 and shortys cost about 600 ceramic coated and just arent worth it and dont change the sound much from what people have said.

#9 ·
It was noticeably better but not a night and day difference.

The sound was though, screams when you want it to, and quiet when your cruising.
I also still have resonators in place. But will be cutting the factory ,2.25 tails pipes for 2.5 with no resonators...oneday. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.