DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mod questions

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Imakebrakes 
#1 · (Edited)
Leveling kit; Went to a local shop about installing a leveling kit for my 2wd crew cab 1500 and when the worker went to order the part he told me they have yet to come out with a leveling kit for the 2012 two wheel drives, which I find is odd. Is this true?

Catch can; What's the advantages of adding a catch can to a truck and will It void my warranty?

Programmer; Really wanting to add one but don't want to void my warranty, it's my understanding this will void my warranty though.

Cold air intake; Also wanting to add a cold air intake, do you guys know of this also voids my warranty?

Any other suggestions for easy mods I could do? So far I have added the cabin air filter and a flow master series muffler!

#2 ·
Catch can catches all the sludge that the pcv valve spits out and tries to put down the intake of your motor. Shouldnt void the warranty, but you could always put it back to stock if you needed to take it in.

#3 ·
You could level with bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks, a tuner will void your warranty if you tell them you have one, otherwise they would have no way of knowing as long as you go back to stock and remove from your truck when you go in for service. A CAI, cold air intake, will not void your warranty and there are many to choose from. Everyone has their own opinion of which one is the 'best'. A catch can in my opinion is a must. A bigger throttle body is a nice addition as well. Bully's Performance, a top vendor on the forum, carries all of these products, is very knowledgeable, and probably has the best prices around. if not they will price match any advertised ad from a legitimate seller. Contact Jeremiah, jhinkle1986, or Andrew, fastnugly, at sales@bullysperformance.com if you have any questions or need help deciding what is best for you.

#5 ·
No. Bilsteins won't level a 2wd. However, there are kits available. I just can't remember who makes them. Look in the leveling section and you'll find them.

#8 ·
I think you need to go someplace else. Perhaps their preferred brand does not have one.

I have a 2012 RAM 1500 2WD, and I went to the local Line-X dealer to have a bedliner sprayed about a week ago.

First thing he recommended when he looked at my truck, was a 2" leveling kit. He looked it up on the computer and quoted me $400.00 to buy it, install it and do an alignment.

I have not done it yet, so I did not ask the brand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.