DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Waxing takes too long, but dang..

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  primo spaghetti 
#1 · (Edited)
I HATE waxing my truck. BUT it looks so dang good after...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Time well spent. You should be able to completely wax it in about one six pack. LOL
Jay

Reactions: Asur
#3 ·
No kidding. I have a deal with my dad where we help each other wash and wax each other's rams to save on time.

Reactions: Asur
#5 ·
Yup, have to agree with everyone here, time well spent, be doing mine on Monday, they announce a day of clouds but no rain, so time for a clay and full 3 coat wax, Nice job on your truck, I discovered a new product from turtle wax, its called Black Detailer, and tell you, its great, for anyone that has a black truck you got to try this product, I am amazed with the product, great stuff. Reps to you for the wax job, and reps to all that posted on this thread, you all deserve it.

#6 ·
Lot of real estate to cover. I only do mine twice a year for that reason. Just before winter and spring.

#10 ·
looks great...

if your looking for some protection in a fraction of the time, look at CarPro's Hydro2....man what a shine and months of protection in a spray on hose off application...no wiping no buffing...

amazing product!

Reactions: Hermes1
#17 ·
I have not tried this stuff yet, but I would assume you would need a full clay to remove anything that is on the paint as it is a "paint sealer", not a wax sealer, if anything is left on the paint it will seal that instead of the paint, I checked the web site they say you need to make sure the paint is clean and no soap left on it, If my truck has 3 coats of polymer wax i don't think this product will seal my paint, on eshine they stipulate the following.

Directions:
  1. DO NOT USE IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT. Thoroughly clean the surface(s) to be protected. Do NOT use any type of wash and wax product as this will interfere with the bonding of Hydro2. To ensure the surface is free of any previously applied waxes and sealants, we recommend adding two ounces of Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner to your wash bucket.
  2. Diluted Hydro2 1 part concentrate to 3 parts water into a spray bottle.
  3. Working on a third of the vehicle at a time (while it’s still wet), spray a fine mist of Hydro2 directly onto the surface.
  4. Thoroughly rinse off using a strong jet of water.
  5. Continue this method until entire vehicle has been treated.
  6. Dry the vehicle using a high quality microfiber drying towel or car dryer, like the Metro Master Blaster.
I check the manufacture site and they say the following.

1. Do NOT apply HydrO2 in the sun or to a hot surface! Applying in this manner will cause streaks that do not wipe off easily.
  2. In shaded location or shop wash your vehicle and remove any dirt from the surfaces. (Use our CarPro Snow Soap or Ultima Paint Guard Wash for best results.)
  3. Surface must be well cleaned from soap residue and left wet wth water.
  4. Dilute 1 part HydrO2 to 3 parts water (measure cap supplied 30ml). We recommend a spray bottle for fast and easy application.
  5. Spray fine mist of diluted HydrO2 on no more than 1/4 of vehicle before rinsing. Very little is needed and no overlap is needed.
  6. From time you start spraying a section to rinsing off should be NO more than one minute.
  7. Immediately rinse well with strong water pressure to produce physical shock and create a well formed coating.
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 on the next section of the vehicle rinsing well before moving to next section.
  9. Finish by "flood rinsing" the vehicle without a spray nozzle to push all the water off from top down.
  10. Dry any remaining water by blowing off or with a clean microfiber waffle weave towel.
Additional:

• For best practice dilute only the amount needed using distilled water.
So at this point if they indicate that a distilled water is good practice I would need to presume the product can be affected by things external and would myself prior to using the product do a full clean of the paint. Maybe primo might chime in on his experiences with the product

#18 ·
Also, I didn't think about how much more difficult it would be to wax a white truck before I got it. Gotta look real hard sometimes to make sure its buffed enough, or that the whole surface has had wax applied. I've learned to buff by feel.

#22 ·
Another product that I have found to be quick and easy and it gives longer protection than most waxes is Opti Spray Car wax. Does an excellent job, and is easy and quick to use. It seems to last for a few months, which is longer than most waxes. Just another alternative.
Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.