DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2014 ram 1500 instead of 2013

32K views 63 replies 30 participants last post by  Yankee 
#1 ·
Since there have been so many delays with the 8-speed ram (on ordering), I'm starting to consider the 2014. Any ideas when orders will start? Seems like previously, they were looking at mid-June.

:4-dontknow:

#41 ·
So, I've decided to go ahead and order a '13 today. Not an easy decision, not sure I wouldn't be better off in the long run to wait. But, I've already sold my '08 Megacab CTD, and this is the first time in 32 years I have gone one day without owning a full size 4x4 pickup truck, and I don't like it!

So, what the heck I guess... Going to place the order this afternoon for a fully loaded 2013 Longhorn CC/6'4".

- DAA
Have you received any tracking information from your dealer? (VIN or VON)

#37 ·
I'm sure you probably can. That is just an "okay" deal, I've done lots better on trucks from inventory in the past. To me, the big question isn't that at all. The big question is will you really be able to order a '14 in a month?

I placed my bet on no, we won't be able to order a '14 in a month. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll probably wish I'd have waited and got the '14. Too late now though, my '13 has been ordered.

Dealer seemed to be pretty honest about how long I should expect to wait. He said that he's finally starting to see orders move from D1 in a reasonable amount of time, so MAYBE I'll see mine in 8-10 weeks, but said the way things have been going this year, probably safer to expect 12 weeks.

- DAA

#39 ·
From my experience, you won't do as well ordering a truck as you would with buying an in stock truck. But, you can still get a heck of a deal, if you shop around. If you are going to order a truck, it's much easier to compare the deals competing dealers are willing to make, being that you will be comparing apples to apples. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#46 ·
I was told my Limited order didn't go through, so I was wondering if anyone has ordered a 2014 Ram 1500 limited. I know that they just started taking orders but I was wondering what the pricing on them are. I haven't been able to find anything so I was hoping maybe somebody else has.

#47 ·
#49 ·
Whose your dealership?

Can you say what dealership placed you 2014 Limited order? My dealership told me yesterday that 2014 orders are not being accepted yet.
They can't even say if the Limited will be offered in 2014.

#56 ·
So my truck also says VOTs Production Scheduled. I called CS again and he said well we show a shipping ETA of 7/22 (My dealer told me its delievery ETA of 7/22) but that he cannot find a build date. So I questioned the guy about it being a delievery or shipping date of 7/22, and he admitted he wasn't sure.

#57 ·
Update: The 7/22 was from last night, so I decided to call again now. The nice young lady I spoke to had to put me on hold to figure out where my truck was in the system and then came back and told me I am scheduled to be built the week of August 18th.

Note: I have a 2013 RAM 1500 Limited on order and VOTs does reflect that it is a 2013.

#59 ·
Yeah I called dealer after getting off of phone with CS. He checked and said truck was updated and estimated shipping was pushed out one day to 7/23. He said nowhere did he see August even mentioned and asked me to call him for further updates (acted like he had a some previous experience with RAM CS). He also said he would keep me informed of any major updates.

#60 ·
I just placed an order this afternoon on a full load 2014 Ram sport crewcab 4x4, they tell me it'll be 100-120 days for the order to come in, my VON # is 29326436, build priority is 01, which means its a sold order, apparently 01 gets utmost priority on he build. Is there a way for me to check status say beginning of august?

#62 ·
congrats!!!!! hope you have many good miles in it!!!! heading out in a few minutes to finally get mine...visited it last WED when it was delivered, (54 days from date of order)...gave it a quick once over to make sure it was the correct toy...today, it'll take a lil longer...and, as beaten to death in another thread...im taking the boss with me ...picky picky...hehehe...those folks at the dealership will have a nice Sat AM...bwhahahahah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.