DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2014 ram 1500 instead of 2013

32K views 63 replies 30 participants last post by  Yankee 
#1 ·
Since there have been so many delays with the 8-speed ram (on ordering), I'm starting to consider the 2014. Any ideas when orders will start? Seems like previously, they were looking at mid-June.

:4-dontknow:

#3 ·
2014 Ram 1500

I just got a call from Crystal at Ram and she called my dealer who said that we cannot order the 1500 R/T with the eight-speed now because they are not building an R/T with the eight-speed. We ordered the truck February 6 and this is all we know so far. Maybe they are going to call all of the 5.7 Hemi with the ZF a 2014 and hopefully build them soon but i don't know.

#4 ·
Donlen shows the following dates.

2013 final orders due - 4/30
2014 initial order acceptance - 6/5
2014 production starts - 7/22, 7/1 for regular cabs

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-chrysler.aspx

I'm thinking hard about canceling my 13 and waiting for a 14. The thought of only enjoying a 13 for a month or two before wishing I had waited for a 14 scares me. What a sham to be truck of the year when they can't even deliver the features that earned them that award.

#6 ·
The only thing that has been announced for the 2014 is the new diesel engine. The early version of the 2013 owner's manual that was uploaded to the Ram website had references to adaptive cruise control, collision warning, blind spot alert, and steering directed headlights. There's a good chance those things will return for the 2014 model year. Then again maybe they decide that their plate is full enough just trying to deliver on the 2013 promises without piling on more.

There's always hope but I don't think it's very likely that you'll see your truck in April. I ordered that same configuration 2 months ago and my dealer is telling me it won't even be built until May.

#8 ·
many automotive companies do a mid year change usually with a upgrade to something other then the Body style

Dodge build year is from July to June,
this year was a bit different, it didn't start until September, but it should still stop production sometime in June

So a mid year vehicle would be starting production in January, therefore it will be a 2013.5 Ram & whenever you go to buy a part for a 2013 Ram, the owner will be asked if it was produced before or after January **, 2013

Ordering a factory 2013 now, to me would be foolish
Besides that many special order Rams are being cancelled & those fully loaded Rams will still go to the dealership that originally placed the order & it may be just the Ram that you want. Labor Sales & rebates will be applied in September

I think that i would Factory order a 2014 & get all the goodies that i would want & have bragging rights to go with it :)

#11 ·
I don't believe that there will be a body style change until 2017

I just hope that the 2014 Ram will have corrected the electronics issues
I also hope that some software writers start writing programs for better working APPS
Our Canadian friends are now left out in the cold, their cell phones work better than the 2013 Ram radio

#14 ·
I think I'm going to have to wait for the '14s if I want to get a Ram. Need the CC/6'4", want the Hemi/8 speed. Can't order one like that yet. With only four weeks left to order a '13, it's questionable whether such a configuration will even be possible to order as a '13. But even if it is, it will be last minute order, early build, no chance to test drive or look at first.

So... I guess sometime in the next month or so, I'm either going to buy a '13 EcoBoost instead. Or, buy a utility trailer to tow behind my other vehicles for five or six months so I can live without having a truck.

I think I'll at least try the trailer route, if it works okay, I can wait until fall to finally choose and buy a new truck.

- DAA

#15 · (Edited)
The dealer called me today to tell me the regional Sales rep said they were canceling my order v6 penta star reg cab short box really sucks I was trading my tacoma .they offered me a hemi with the 6 speed. Ill take a hemi but only with the 8 speed.im a long time Chrysler fan and boy this is pissin me off.i order the truck loaded two weeks ago and now I've gotta wait to start over in June or July? Screw that

#19 ·
#23 ·
I test drove, negotiated etc. last week on a '13. They were able to order me one with everything I wanted (last Thursday). Specifically, a CC/6'4"/4x4/Hemi/8 speed, Longhorn with 3.92's and every option except air suspension and rear seat DVD player (sun roof, Ram box, anti-spin, convenience, protection, wheel-to-wheel side steps, etc., etc...).

Going to decide within the next few days whether to let them order it for me, or wait for the '14s.

They DID say, that with all the options I wanted, that even though yes they can order it now, it would probably be three months before I get it.

I'm sort of starting to get the feeling that this never ending chain of delays and more delays we have seen with the '13 model year isn't going to get any better with the '14s. Which has me leaning towards just ordering the '13. Just have a feeling if I wait for the '14s I'll actually be waiting until 2014. I'd almost bet we won't be able to drive a '14 diesel off the lot until at least a couple months into 2014...

Dunno... But it's time for me to decide.

- DAA

#24 ·
They have a Lone Star ready to order for me. I wanted an Outdoorsman, but they claim they can't order it. I'm in the same debate, purchase now or wait. I might end up waiting until December and get a better deal on something on the lot. I'm trying to get a Crew Cab, 6'4" bed, 3.92, 8-speed, and Air Suspension. Many of the options are new, so nothing on lots yet.

#25 ·
I have can't get a Laramie 4x2 8sp so I'll have to wait for a 14.

#27 ·
I am waiting for the 14, have an 11 right now. I will wait until May/June of 2014 (maybe later depending on pricing) to let them work the bugs out of the tranny. I always check the manufacture dates and get vehicles that are more towards the end of the manufacturing year.

#29 ·
When you read this thread objectively, it makes you wonder what in the world Chrysler is thinking??!! Making it so hard to spend your money with them!! Hey Ram, I wonder how many sales y'all boys have lost to Ford, etc.?

#31 ·
Now hold on a minute mfif, I ain't talking about going out and buying nary nother truck, but, I'm sure a lot of people have if Ram is making it this hard for us to part with our lucres.

#32 ·
So, I've decided to go ahead and order a '13 today. Not an easy decision, not sure I wouldn't be better off in the long run to wait. But, I've already sold my '08 Megacab CTD, and this is the first time in 32 years I have gone one day without owning a full size 4x4 pickup truck, and I don't like it!

So, what the heck I guess... Going to place the order this afternoon for a fully loaded 2013 Longhorn CC/6'4".

- DAA

#34 ·
I'm getting price protection so it can't go up, but if rebates improve my price will go down. Looking at about $9K below MSRP. Not the greatest deal I ever made on a new truck, but not terrible, considering they are literally selling them as fast as they can make them.

- DAA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.