DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Check Engine Light after Rain

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Toms Blue Ram 1500 
#1 ·
So My truck has been driving just fine since I got it but for the last two days its been raining non stop. On Saturday night I was driving around, truck worked fine and most importantly, no Check Engine light was on. When I parked the truck that night, It had rained all night and when I went to start it the next morning, My check engine light came on and stayed. Other then the light being on, the truck works and drives perfectly. This is my first ever vehicle so any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. I plan on taking it it to shop but at this point I might have to wait til January. Is that taking a risk?

#5 ·
understandable
I was hoping there was something I can at least check or possibly clear. Also, As of right now the light just stays lit, If it starts flashing Should I just completely park it. I plan on taking it in but This couldn't of happen at a worse time with the holidays and what not.

#8 ·
Apparently there is some shred of truth to that. As I understand it, Auto Zone is no longer doing it due to lawsuits stemming from misdiagnosis claims. CSK has this policy in place as well. I presume you can still buy your own code grabber for $50 or so and read and clear them yourself. You can try other parts retailers and see if they do it. It's definately worth a few phone calls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.