DODGE RAM FORUM banner

check gauges problem

7K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Patriotblue07 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 5.7L with 23K on the clock. No problems until today all of a sudden i get a chime and my check gauges light goes on. At that time the rest of the gauges go to the left and die, Then back to far right and the die again. All the while I get the chiming and the airbag light is on. It's going to the dealer tomorrow under warrenty but WTF.

Anyone else have this problem? If so what's the deal?

#4 ·
I would hjave to agree with Remerson ^^^

#5 · (Edited)
I love the truck but seeing the rear seal on the transmission was leaking and now this, I'm not happy at all with the build quality. I guess I will see how the dealer handles this. I know my warranty runs out at the end of this month seeing my truck was manufactured in 03/07 so I hope they remedy this now.

Remerson, I see that you are a Chrysler tech. Have you seen this before?

#9 ·
Only thing is I bought it used in May 2009 with 15000miles on it, so I wasn't sure when the warranty was up. The rear seal was replaced and they also replaced the yoke where it connects to the drive shaft, not sure why but I could tell it was new.

Also when the gauges were doing that screwy thing, when I shut it off I was unable to lock it with my factory keyless and the radio stations were all cleared with the clock at 12:00. Sound like a ground?

#8 ·
Beware aftermarket companies. The like replacing your broken stuff with salvage parts. Out of the half dozen or so engines I've replaced that were "covered" by an aftermarket company, none were new, only one was a remanufactured engine, and the other five came from a salvage yard. I've seen the same thing with transmissions, rear ends and transfer cases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.