DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Check gauges light came on

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  platinuminjected 
#1 ·
I bought my truck a couple of months ago and the airbag light and low tire light has always been on. The tire one doesn't surprise me because I know I had a couple of low tires but I replaced all 4 yesterday.
Today my low tire light was still on but I thought they might still be a little low since I think they only put 35 lbs in and the tires say 50 lbs. Again, not a big deal.
My engine light has come on a few times and it's always the same code about a minor leak in the fuel system (can't remember the code, but I looked here and it has something to do with the vapor canister) and occasionally my fuel cap warning comes on.
Today my check gauge light came on but all the gauges were still acting normal. I took the truck out a little later and the light came on again. On the way home the truck just died. I checked for codes and the reader said there were no codes. The truck wouldn't start again but my reader said there were only 9 volts in the battery.
I called Auto Zone and they delivered a battery to me. Replaced it and the truck fired right up but the low tire, airbag and check gauges lights are all still on.
I'm not too worried about the airbag light, and I'm going to top up the tires to see if that makes the tire light go off, but I'm a little curious about the check gauges light.

See less See more
#5 ·
usually to get the tire pressure light off just put a couple of pounds over 35psi to keep it off and if that dont work your censors are prolly buggered and as for the other codes if you have warranty still bring er in to ur closest dealer and get er checked out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.