DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Gonefishin to the rescue

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Canadian Hemi Pride 
#1 ·
So I know I suck, I don't have any pictures...but had a pretty cool experience this weekend.

I went back to the spot that I posted pics from last week, because it had rained and my one buddy hadn't seen the spot yet. So he wanted to check it out with me. We get back there and it's way muddier since the rain we had on friday. I come around the corner and there isn't 1..but 2 trucks stuck back there.

truck 1: 1995/96 ish f150..bone stock. Stock street tires.
truck 2: some izuzu or pathfinder or somethin, mid 90's...bone stock.

The f150 went through the big muddy whole and buried his front end up above the bumper. The izuzu getting to his rear bumper and got stuck like 30 feet away.

So they were sure glad to see me. I had to pull the izuzu thing out first which was cake, in order to get to the f150. There was dry land in FRONT of the f150..but his bumper was buried and he didn't have anything good to hook to on the front anyway.

So I had to come at an angle across the ruts he was in..2 medium yanks..no dice. One last yank and I ripped him out of there. the dumbass didn't know how to STOP backing up and almost slammed into my tailgate. i was watching him of course so i kept driving forward so he didn't hit me. He finally stopped and gave a whoop of joy that we got him out.

They weren't from the area and were already there about 1.5 hours and would have been there A LOT longer had I not come through. I gave him my number in case he got stuck leaving the hole (we were going out separate entrances). He didn't get stuck again, but they both said they'd think twice about what they try to go through in their bone stock trucks.

See less See more
Reactions: Grubrunner
#2 ·
thats awesome bro...gotta be a good feeling pulling out a Ford !

#3 ·
haha, just felt good helpin someone out in general. I can just imagine feeling of "shit im gonna be stuck here for A WHILE! and by some miracle someone happens to be coming through the same spot and is able to help.

Big bad dodge, chevy, ford, toyota, nissan.. i dont care what kind of truck it was...with bald ass street tires..NO ONE was getting through there. it wasn't even THAT BAD...just nothin they should have been playin in with their set up.

Gotta remember, I'm a Ford guy at heart. family tradition...but I love my ram too :)

#7 ·
I would have probably left a toyota stuck there :LOL:
But great job... and it is an awesome feeling pulling someone out.. makes the truck feel even more amazing.. except when people are dicks about it... like such----

I pulled one lady out of a ditch before, left my straps at home so got my bud to brings his bros set... pull her out.. she offers to pay my friend money and said thank you and such to him.. who was in his moms car, and didn't even say a word to me.. and she did back into my hitch:4-dontknow:

#5 ·
I know I know. I felt it'd be rude to be like "yo man, film this while I'll pull your sorry asses out!"

I could tell they were tired and aggravated and just wanted to get out of there. So i didn't want to waste their time. It literally all happened in about 10 minutes then we were all on our way home.

#8 ·
Cool story but well you know the saying goes
:worthless:
:LOL:

I would have seen how much they were willing to pay!! Then tell them Just being able to tell the story of how I saved these two idiots on the weekend would be enough!!

#9 ·
yea i immediately regretting not taking a video when I texted Blake and the first thing he asked for was a video.

It's bound to happen again.

But here is a funny youtube video. essentially I'm the third guy in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrr3LexXCHk

#11 ·
Nice job I had a similar situation years ago when I was active duty stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. I happened to be out paintballing when in-between rounds I got a call from my buddy I work with. He had gotten his new F-150 stuck on one of the tank trails that we could use for offroading on the weekends, since there was a fresh rain the day before and all night. Well I was just wrapping up anyways and told him I'd be there as soon as I could I just had to grab some straps from my room. Well I finally get out there and what do I find my buddies stock F-150 stuck up to the bumpers in some deep ruts and then theres also one of the PFC's who's duty it is to patrol the trails looking for unauthorized vehicles and persons got his duty truck stuck trying to assist my buddy. So now I show up in my 98 Ram 2500 4x4 4in lift BFG A/T and end up pulling out a 99 F-150 and an 02 Chevy 2500 Z71.

#12 ·
nice irishredneck!

I've heard tank trails are no joke

#14 ·
I had the BFGs on my f150. loved them. didnt do any offroading in them but for a semi aggressive look and a long lasting tire they were awesome.

#15 ·
I am stuck between them or a mudder.. Like I will do some offroading but nothing to crazy.. I just gotta counter in that my drive to work is about 130km roundtrip each day, and would like a long lasting tire... Could always go grab a used set of mudders and throw on steel rims if a/t don't do well...

How are your tires for on the road gonefishin?

#16 ·
hmmm have u looked at the duratracs?? they look beefy.

I like mine on road. a good hum at 30/35 mph but at highway speeds it's real subtle. took about 2-3mpg hit with the 35s but was expecting that. no comment on tread life yet, haven't had them long enough, although I'm sure there are others that will out last them. but for the price I couldn't pass them up.

#17 ·
Because I don't know if I can get a good discount on the duratracs yet :LOL:. but I will have to do some research.. My stock wranglers have a few MM's of thread left :doh:.

Im planning on running 35's too.. I do want to get a good tire with long thread life though for the drive.. tire loudness doesn't bother me too much because my super 44's will most likely kill that out anyways.

#18 ·
ahhh well. I think ull like bfgs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.