DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge Ram Lift/Tire Setup Thread

753K views 789 replies 224 participants last post by  Stoneco 
#1 ·
Ok so here are the rules:

This is the place to post a pic of your truck with a lift or other than stock tires and wheels.

1) Two pictures per setup

2) Please list lift height/brand, wheel size/backspacing/brand, tire size/brand, any rubbing yes or no.

3) Pictures should be of your rig preferably from the side and on a level surface.

This will help people in choosing where they want their Ram's to be, and to avoid future "what will my truck look like with XX" of lift and XX" tires threads.

Leave questions and Comments for the talk section. If you need to comment or ask questions please PM, or reference the post number in this thread, in a separate thread.

Lets get this thread going and hopefully we can get the mods to sticky it for us!

#116 ·
hi guys, just wondering what tire size you would recommend for my 2012 ram 1500. im going to do the bilstein 5100 adjustables, and some 20" black rims, not sure which ones yet. so id like to go as tall as i can and wide as i can so might need some recommended offests for the wheels also. thanks!

#135 ·
well i just ordered my wheels a couple days ago. going to pick them up thursday, decided to go with some procomps since i have had them on one of my other trucks and really like them, not alot of people have them (none in my area what so ever). they are 20" with 5" BS and 0 offset. thats the only downside is they arnt going to give me the wide stance i wanted...

now just need some tires and tpms.

#149 ·
Hey Guy's, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this

I have a 2012 Ram Outdoorsman. I hunt ALOT and I'm friggen sick and tired of dragging my bumpers in and out of drainage ditches and deactivated roads. Outdoorsman my ass....

Its 3.92 LSD and 17" factory aluminum wheels

Is there any way I can get a Rough country 6" lift, 35" tires to work with the factory 17" wheels.

Rough country recommends on their intsall instructions 20's with 5.5" or 18's with 5" backspacing.

Why no provisions for 17" tires? contact on the control arms or ???

I want to keep costs down and get a good amount of lift without and wobble or headaches. Gotta pass it by the WAR department before I can get the thumbs up after buying brand new truck the having to lift it just so I can hunt with it....

Thanks

#150 ·
They recommend mininmum 18" rim because the 6" lift means there will be 6" drop down brackets, which means there will also be spindles/steering knuckles that are 6" TALLER than the factory ones to keep driveline angles in check. this means the new taller spindle may not fit inside a 17" rim anymore. But 35's are easily doable on a 6" lift, i've seen guys running 37"+ on 6" 4th gen lifts.

#152 ·
Fastnugly; sorry it took so long. i had to go outta state unexpectedly so i haven't been around a computer for awhile. here is a good picture of how my tires look from a straight on view. I have pocket style bushwacker fender flares here, just waiting on paint so with any luck they will be on next week, more pics then :)

Attachments

#160 ·
yea they came last week and been at the paint shop ever since :) lol just the waiting game now, i wouldnt even have bought the flares because i love the fat low look i have now, but as i drive in snow mud and on dirt roads i believe they will keep some of the rock chips from forming and maybe some of my truck clean when i hit a mud puddle or two ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.