DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge Ram Lift/Tire Setup Thread

753K views 789 replies 224 participants last post by  Stoneco 
#1 ·
Ok so here are the rules:

This is the place to post a pic of your truck with a lift or other than stock tires and wheels.

1) Two pictures per setup

2) Please list lift height/brand, wheel size/backspacing/brand, tire size/brand, any rubbing yes or no.

3) Pictures should be of your rig preferably from the side and on a level surface.

This will help people in choosing where they want their Ram's to be, and to avoid future "what will my truck look like with XX" of lift and XX" tires threads.

Leave questions and Comments for the talk section. If you need to comment or ask questions please PM, or reference the post number in this thread, in a separate thread.

Lets get this thread going and hopefully we can get the mods to sticky it for us!

#350 ·
Ram725- I really need some advice, and i thought you and Fast could help me. So im planning on piecing together my own lift since i have a 2wd and there aren't many options. And i was looking at these lift springs to start out http://www.jcwhitney.com/rancho-coil-springs/p3067421.jcwx?skuId=4363359&filterid=d50369y2009g139j1 . What do you think? And what kind of lift can i expect, and what all else will i need to replace other than shocks? And what kind of shocks would be the best? I'm not trying to Jack this thread lol, but i figured you guys would know.

#375 ·
Ram725- I really need some advice, and i thought you and Fast could help me. So im planning on piecing together my own lift since i have a 2wd and there aren't many options. And i was looking at these lift springs to start out http://www.jcwhitney.com/rancho-coil-springs/p3067421.jcwx?skuId=4363359&filterid=d50369y2009g139j1 . What do you think? And what kind of lift can i expect, and what all else will i need to replace other than shocks? And what kind of shocks would be the best? I'm not trying to Jack this thread lol, but i figured you guys would know.
Hey dodge23:Hey:....i know you didnt ask me but i also have a 2wd and had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to get up in the some but not too much. I'm not sure how high you wanna go but CST offers a 4in spindle for the front and you can get spacers for the rear to bring it level. I am getting it installed in 2 weeks and can send you some pics. I will be putting 35's on it at the same time with 1.5in spacer in the rear and non adjustable 5100's all the way around. BTW...my wheels are 20x9 w/ +18offset(5.71in) and i need to run a 1in spacer to get the spindles on since they require a max of 5in backspace. hope this helps and i will post some pics once it is completed on 4/15

#352 ·
08 2500 CTD

6" Pro Comp lift
17x9 Pro Comp 7005's 4.75 BS -6mm OS
Toyo 37 x 13.50 x 17 Open Country MT

Had rubbing initially, fixes w/ minor finder well trimming and phenolic spacers on factory bumper. No rubbing with offroad bumper.

#353 ·
Looks great man :smileup: Makes me miss my 06 CTD. How you love those Hellas? I just ordered my Iron Bull bumper and cant decide if I want to run an LED bar across it or two/three big 8-9" Lights like Pro Comps or Hellas.

#362 ·
2011 Ram 1500
2.5 Daystar KC09114BK
20" XD Rockstar 4.56 backspace -24 offset
35" Federal couragia M/T's
Rubbing: Yes, drivers side on the little bump where the wire connector is.

#366 ·
very disappointing that this thread turned into 20+ pages of just chatting back and forth and many pictures posted that dont have the info the the OP wanted when it began, mods should go through here and get rid of all the chatting and just leave pictures and relevant info.

#367 ·
Well the truck is still sitting down at the installers place till tomorrow but I stopped by to see how she was doing and snap some pictures. She is all done except for an exhaust mod and a new front drive shaft (the stock one had a yokestyle joint and was at to much of an angle to function properly). But here she is! 6 inch Fabtech lift rolling on 35,12.5R20 Cooper STT radials. :smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs_up:

I will get better pics asap and also some pics when I take her up the mountain! :smileup:

#393 ·
satan47- thank you so much for responding. Im looking at tons of different ideas. I would definately do the 4 inch spindles but i have a few cheaper ways i may try and hopefully help some other fellow 2wders trying to lift. Im gunna order the airbagit 3" lift spindles, and some spacers for the rear. I also have contacted universal car lifts about their 5" lift kit that supposedly fits all vehicles with 4 coil springs. I know that sounds kind of crazy but im gunna try it and we'll see. I have installed it on a few "Donks" and its some pretty well made stuff. They just go on the underside of the springs. Hopefully my plan works with a few other things and ill have a very cheap way to lift 2wds.

#396 ·
Fast- Iv been meaning to ask you, i was looking at that deal of the month and I was wondering if there really is a huge difference between the tuners or not. Gunna get started on performance mods and figured you would know from experience the differences in the gains i could expect from the different tuners?

#397 ·
If you will never do a custom tune, then I would go the BD way as from what I have heard from customers and a few that ran both, the can tunes of BD are better.
How much better, that I do not know.

But if you are going to get a custom tune (WhiteLightning, that we provide an option to) then HANDS DOWN go the Diablo route

PM me or send me an email (my username + .com)

:smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.