DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Couple Rough Country 4" Lift Questions

5K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  okieram25 
#1 ·
I have a 07 Ram with 295/70/17's on stock 17's and I've been eyeing the 4" Lift they have and was wondering if anyone else has it? In my Search I found everyone that has a RC lift has the 6" except I believe Ruffian has the 5" but I was looking at the Bilstein 5100's to level it for now (front and rear) would I be able to use these still and stash the RC shocks/struts in the closet? As for the wheels would I need spacers? They are the perfect size and don't plan on getting rid of em anytime soon.

#2 ·
To be honest, because of the price difference I would go with the 6" lift because it's about the same price as the 4". I'm can't answer your question though, just wait and someone who knows what they are talking about will get to you.

#5 ·
I have to agree and say spend the extra $200 and get yourself the 6" lift. I almost bought myself the 4" lift but then I realized I will regret not doing the 6" for only a couple hundred more.

The good thing is you have 17" rims which would make your tires cheaper to buy. If you had 20s like me it would cost a crap load for tires. It wouldn't be that bad if you had to change the tire size to accomodate the bigger lift.

#6 ·
I have the 5" only because that was the biggest i could get from them for my truck...havent looked into the 06-08 lifts but if they offer a 6" lift i would jump on that being the price is not much different :smileup:

You will be happier in the end doing the 6" as the 4" still makes the 1 ton trucks around the same height and we all want to be the tallest on the road! Also if you ever decide you want bigger tires you can fit em on the 6"

#7 ·
DO the 6" Lift. You are already planning on going higher and it is addicting! I started with a 3" pro comp spacer lift, graduated to a 7" skyjacker and after all was said and done ended up with a 12"-14" custom lift. Get the bilsteins. wear out your tires add the 6" RC lift and new wheels and you'll be able to clear 37's!

#10 ·
Just get a 6" BDS Lift with the 5" rear kit and get a 1" spacer for the front.It will clear 37x13.50 easy.Trust me I have 37x12.50x20 with a 20x10 -20 offset rim.I can put 37x13.50x20 tires on there and they will clear easy.I will be doing the 13.50's when I need new tires.I can get you the lift pretty cheap.

#11 ·
well def going for the Bilsteins, still on the fence about the lift though and the (basically) wife wants to talk about it more ll so we'll see. might be a coin flip lol because after the lift come programmer & headers :)

BTW really appreciate that PM BigHorn!

#13 ·
wow it was actually a little hard finding a pic of a ram with the 4" lift and 33" tires.

actually like the look, since I took of the front air dam it'll look high anyway.

and for everyone that said "get the 6"!" lol this is what it'd look like...

(pic source says 3" suspension and 3" body, so 6" lift on 33's) and all I have to say is "NO"

#16 ·
lol well you could try and sel the 33's though for real.Craigslist is your friend :).

I would lift your truck as high as you want to.It is your truck and you have to look at it everyday :smileup:. Whenever your ready to get the lift just let me know and I might beable to get it cheap maybe lol.

#18 ·
Yeah that was a good find because its the same color as mine, just wish it was 06-08 lol

lol well you could try and sel the 33's though for real.Craigslist is your friend :).

I would lift your truck as high as you want to.It is your truck and you have to look at it everyday :smileup:. Whenever your ready to get the lift just let me know and I might beable to get it cheap maybe lol.

Thought about that but no loaner tires :-/

#21 ·
I have a 2011 ram 1500 4x4. I have had a 4" Rough Country lift setting in my man cave for about a month now.Trying to decide what tires I want!i was thinking the 35x12.5x20 terra grappers for size/mileage.I really like bighorn 4 lifes truck and it has me thinking 37's!what would it take to get my truck to clear the 37x12.5x20's?would the bilsteins do it?would a 2-4" body lift help?I run a machine shop so that might open some ideas on modifying my 4" suspension lift.thanks for the help.

#22 ·
I've been considering the 4" Lift as well. I was thinking about the 6" but with a 6 month old it be easier to get her in and out with only the 4" lift. But im also wondering about the blisstions front and rear just to level the truck until i get the lift but like the Op mentioned can we use the blisstions with the rc lift.

#24 ·
bighorn its a 2011 crew cab bighorn edition.stock 20"s and no lift now.not even leveled.wish i had bought a 6" but i didnt because i pull trailers regularly.now i just want it to look good!farm truck can pull the trailers.not too big on the body lifts but i might have to.is it the best route short of pawning my 4in off for a 6in?

#25 ·
I would sell your 4" lift and get a 6" yes. If you want 37's to clear easy. You should get a 6" lift with the 5" rear and bilstein 5100's to level it out "Like I did". You can still pull trailers too. Or you can get a 6" lift with the 3" rear and it will be level. You can still fit 37's with the 3" rear and no bilsteins so just depends on how high you want to be setting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.