DODGE RAM FORUM banner

5 prong switch???

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  RansRAM 
#1 ·
I ordered an Oracle LED push switch from AAC for my footwell lights and it has 5 prongs on the bottom.....and they aren't labeled. Anyone know how to wore up a 5 prong? I'm assuming, hot, ground, and 12v switch are 3 of em lol

#3 ·
If there are no labels, your best bet might be to get a meter that measures resistance. This way you can test to see which terminal is which, and connect accordingly.

Basically what you go is a switch that by turning it to position one, does one thing, then turning it to position two, does another thing, leaving item one still active.... think of your headlight switch... you can turn on your parking lights without turning on your headlights, but you can't turn on your headlights without turning on your parking lights.

Can you post a pic of the actual switch, it might be easier to walk you through it, being able to see what is what. That wiring diagram isn't real clear as to what reality translates into

Exco

#5 ·
OK the + is the positive no1 is normally open 1, nc1 is normally closed 1, and c1 should be common or ground.

normally closed means that in the normal (read as off) the contacts are closed, meaning that current can flow through the switch.

normally open means just the opposite, when in normal (off) the contacts are open, and current will not flow

hope that this helps

Exco

#7 ·
I am assuming that the red and black wires you are referring to are going to your footwell lights. So you can simply connect the black wire directly to ground (metal under dash) and run the red wire through the switch (connect to no1). Now you need to bring 12v bat power to the switch on the + and c1 connections and also bring a ground wire to - on the switch (to power the switches internal LED). Wired up this way when you press the switch to the on position your floor lights will go on and the led on the switch will be illuminated. I hope this makes some sense to you. Those switches look pretty cool BTW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.