DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Roll in lock tonneau for rambox

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  82corvette 
G
#1 ·
Has anyone put a roll in lock tonneau on with a rambox? How did it work out? Anyone mount bike rack system to the side rails of it?

Sorry, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to have the flexibility of sometimes carrying motorcycles and sometime carrying stored gear with bicycles on top.

thx
Seam

#5 ·
I also have a Roll N lock on my Ram Box, Mine is manual however...Great cover, 99.9% water proof, get a few drops when I go thru the car wash, but not during normal rains...easy to use, never have to remove it.... I have a Harley, and figure the best way to transport it would be on a trailer if needed....hope that helps!

#7 ·
The manual one is easy to use also, just give it a little shove to open, and it has a strap attached to it that you just pull to close, it can be locked open in several positions, there really isn't much reason to ever remove it, as you would only gain about 10-12 inches from having it in it's full open position, it's not designed for easy removal, as there are drain hoses etc attached.... I installed 8 of MAC's removable tie down loops on my bed to replace the factory tie down rails that have to be removed... Each of MAC's tie downs has about a 1000 pound rating...and they are not much larger than a silver dollar... Check out MAC's and Roll N Locks web sites.... There are also a couple of other companies making this style of bed cover, one is called Full Metal Jacket, each has it's one advantages and dis advantages... I'm happy with my Roll N Lock, and have no problem giving it a thumbs up

#9 ·
we have an e-series on the 2011 ram 150...its perfect...only leaks a little at tail gatw when we go thru car wash...regular rain ,dew,etc it all stays dry...no ram box here though....had a manual rool n lock for 10 years on other truck worked perfect when we got rid of truck...the electric is really nice....paid 1700 installed for ours...

#11 ·
With the Roll n Lock bed cover, you will have to remove the factory cargo securing rails...
I found that MAC's make other quality tie down points, that I added that worked out very well.... They are about the size of a silver dollar, can be put about anywhere, the loop part is removable, and I think they will hold about 1 thousands pounds each.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.