DODGE RAM FORUM banner

HID lows shut off when engine started. Help!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Asur 
#1 ·
Hey, I have a 2011 ram 1500 with the quad headlights. I just installed ddm hid kits on the fogs and low beams. No problem with the fogs but the lows flicker for a sec and then shut of when the engine is started. ( they stay on fine when engine is off ) I ordered a pair of error eliminators from DDM after reading that I will need them for the quad headlight system but haven't received them yet. Will these fix the issue or will I need to add resistors or capacitors some where in the system?

#2 ·
Also, I have found that these kits are making my Tire Pressure Monitoring System go crazy. I removed the low beam kit for now until I can find the solution but left the fog kit on. When I turn on the fogs, they work great but the TPMS light comes on for a few seconds? Do I need error eliminators for that kit as well?

#3 ·
I put a 35 watt DDM kit in my fog lights and had to use a wiring harness from DDM to get the fog light ballasts to work. I didn't need any error eliminators. I had no problems with the TPMS light.

I haven't decided which low beam kit, but I am looking.

#4 ·
Get a wire harness with the resistors and capacitor it will solve your issues

Also, I have found that these kits are making my Tire Pressure Monitoring System go crazy. I removed the low beam kit for now until I can find the solution but left the fog kit on. When I turn on the fogs, they work great but the TPMS light comes on for a few seconds? Do I need error eliminators for that kit as well?
The TPMS Sensor is located near the Fog light area, when the ballast triggers the Plasma ball it produces enough electromagnetic interference to screw with the TPMS Sensor, once the Triggering of the HID bulbs is finished the interference stops, no worries, known issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.