DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Installing power/remote door locks?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RamminEsparza 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 4x4 with no alarm or remote locks. I know there is a way to convert them to power/remote locks, but really can't find any clear info. Anyone done this? Or know how? THanks!

#2 ·
You have to install an actuator on the locking mechanism, then you have to install power for the actuators and then some type of control system to send said power to either lock or unlock the door. It's not too difficult or expensive, just time consuming.

#3 ·
Yeah, I was just trying to find the control system to be able to do so. I guess I could get the actuators from Dodge, but was wondering if there was a full kit somewhere with someone like Viper or similar. I looked online a bit, but the kits don't have enough detail in their descriptions to tell if there are actuators included.

#4 ·
Id say your best bet is find a salvage yard and get all the pieces you need off one there. Then you could get the door panels or controls that are oem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.