DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Command Start

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Flygt 
#1 ·
Anyone have any issues with their command start? Mine is ( so I've determined so far ) is when I have the truck plugged in and the next morning try and start it remotely, the engine fires then shuts down after a min. I look on the dash and it reads " remote start disabled " When I tried it the next morning without plugging it in, it fired up and stayed running just fine. Took it to the dealer to inquire and they had no idea. So, my analysis is on hold because the weather here has warmed up. Will carry on with the investigation when the weather turns again......... :sad:

Possibles: 1. Block heater plays havoc with the coolant sensor
2. Software issue

#2 ·
there are certain safety features that could be the reason for your remote start not working the way that you want

1) gas tank almost empty
2) door ajar or open
3) hood ajar or open

there may be others

each time that you remote start the vehicle, it will run for about 10 minutes
if it shuts off, you can do it again, for another 10 minutes
it will start a 3rd time & run for another 10 minutes

It will NOT start a 4th time, you will then have to insert the key to reset the system

#3 ·
Seeing as how you have a Hemi and not a Cummins this may not apply but I will tell you anyways.

My Cummins had a warning that said do not run engine while plugged in for whatever reason. I never tried to remote start it when I had it plugged in but regardless I think this is a safety feature and that is all.

Usually I would leave my truck plugged in all night. When I was nearly time to go I would come out, unplug it and fire it up using the remote start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.