DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Still trying to figure out few things

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Mutt 
#1 ·
Hi all

Turned just over 8500 miles on my 2012 Ram Sport. Loving the truck, still trying to figure out few things.

1. Remote start: Is there a way to get rid of all these safety junk and make sure it always starts, whether fuel is low or not and if the one of the doors is ajar? It's pretty cold here in MN, I want to make sure that if I start my truck from my house, it's nice and warm for me when I come out.

2. Chevys, Hondas and just about every other car I know will only beep on "lock" if all the doors are completely shut. Is there such an option for our trucks? My truck will beep whether doors are open or shut so it's not really a confirmation.

If someone can chime in and shed some light on these few things, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you. Happy New Years!

#2 ·
Hi.

1. I don't think you can override the remote start with low fuel or if a door is ajar.
2. There is an option in the evic to turn off the beep, but not a way of telling you that you didn't shut a door properly.

Simple solution on the remote start though, just don't run that low on fuel.

#4 ·
There is an option in the evic to turn off the beep, but not a way of telling you that you didn't shut a door properly.
Simple solution on the remote start though, just don't run that low on fuel.
"That low on fuel" has different meanings. One day my truck will start and run just fine with 40mi left on EVIC and other days it will shut off with over 60mi left. I usually fill up when low fuel light comes on unless I'm coming home after 12hr shift, then I do it next morning. I see absolutely no need to fill up before the light comes on.

when i park my Ram, i check the windows, doors, & hood
then i lock it
Whatever works for you. I sometimes even forget to lock it, there's no way I'm doing the whole routine every time I get out of the truck (which can be more than 10 times a day on some days)

I guess I'm used my partner's Chevy Avalanche: hit the button and wait for the beep. If it doesn't - then check doors.

Oh well, I guess I kind of expected this. Thanks for helping out.

#3 ·
when i park my Ram, i check the windows, doors, & hood
then i lock it

I also PRE-SET my climate controls, before i shut off the key for the night
i don't trust the automatic settings
if its going to be cold in the morning, i make sure the Air Conditioner setting is OFF & the heat is set on 75
if its is going to be HOT, i set it to a/c at 65
i always leave the fan on LOW
when the Ram starts it ignores the fan setting anyway, it blasts on HIGH, until the key is turned on

#6 ·
My 2012 does the same thing. The tech at the dealership confirmed the low fuel light and door thing. This info stored in the system, he could see these two times that mine didn't start.

The issue that I have with mine is i live on the side of a very steep mountain. The ride home is uphill almost the whole way. So the light will come on in mine easily. So I came up with a plan.. there is a small hill next to the house, I back the truck up on it and stop. I take a moment to set the climate controls for the next mornings weather then pull down onto the flat part where I park.

I also asked the tech to see if he could disable the "beep", he said that he couldn't see a way to do it. I have a more qualified tech at another dealership looking into it for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.