DODGE RAM FORUM banner

what's it worth?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  benefactr 
#1 ·
I had a crazy idea about maybe selling my baby so i can afford a nicer house. Problem is, i have no idea what to price this thing at if i was to sell it :4-dontknow: .. here are the specs 2012 Ram 1500 express, 5.7 hemi (of course),6,500 miles, reg cab short bed, 2/4 belltech lowering kit, 22 in viscara wheels, soft bed cover, 2800 circle d stall, mopar 4.10 gears, true duals with x pipe and magnaflows,k&n cold air intake, 180 thermostat.. tinted windows.. this thing runs pretty good in my opinion, the best 1/8 time was 8.78 @79mph (no tuner)...i would also throw in the stock converter, springs, and air intake... like i said i may or may not go through with it but its a thought thats bouncing around in my head right now.. what do you professionals think this truck would bring?

See less See more
#2 ·
I was looking at trading in my '12 Express on a 09' Challenger. It was that one year blue with low miles. $19500 trade-in. The first year you take a beating on trading/selling your truck. You can go to lot and buy a new Express like mine, with all incentives for around $23,000'ish, or less.
So...say $20,000'ish(maybe) for truck and whatever your add-ons were less 50-60% would be my thoughts price. And that would be a buyer that wanted "exactly" what your truck is. It sucks because you never get your money back out anyway and being that new with extras doesn't help.
Just sayin'...

#4 ·
up here in Canada, you would be very lucky to get that, especially where I'm at! Every car I have put up for sale and had calls on I ge the same question, "is it modified?" Modified vehicles are not a big ticket item here.

with that said good luck if you do decide to sell her

#5 ·
there is no doubt that mods hurt the value in some peoples eyes, thats the reason i kept all the stock parts (except wheels). even if i was to sell it i know i wouldnt get near what i have in it, never have, prolly never will lol.. like i said thought, at this point its just a thought :smileup:

#7 ·
I would think about it some more man, you have a really nice truck, why do you need to switch to something smaller? Keep it, pay it off and buy a 2016 challenger haha!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.