DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Uconnect vs. Android 4.0

5K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  xsdbs 
#1 ·
Hello all. I connected my new phone about 2 months ago. First smartphone I ever had and it came with Android 2.# (I think it's called Gingerbread). Everything worked great with the Uconnect in the truck. Text messages even were recognized. Then the phone did an auto update and the operating system went to 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Now there is a lag when answering calls. Txt messages don't get noticed. And overall it seems to not be as compatible as the older operating system. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know of a dealer update for Uconnect to help remedy this glitch. Thanks.

#2 ·
I know there are a couple of different flashes for the mygig. I had one done to mine shortly after I had it. Check with your dealer.

#3 ·
1) what model radio do yo have?
2) what phone do you have?
3) txt messages don't get recognized, do you mean there isn't the incoming message notification?
4) Have you tried deleting the phone from Uconnect and Uconnect from the phone. Then performing a fresh pairing session?
5) Most of the newer phones that I have seen that support txt messages will also have a pop up dialog box when pairing asking for permission to download the messages. I know that you probably didn't have it before but with the new Android SW, it most likely will be there after the request to download the phonebook. I havge seen it take up to a couple minutes for some phones to display this request. This is not a Uconnect issue but related to the phone instead.

Hello all. I connected my new phone about 2 months ago. First smartphone I ever had and it came with Android 2.# (I think it's called Gingerbread). Everything worked great with the Uconnect in the truck. Text messages even were recognized. Then the phone did an auto update and the operating system went to 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Now there is a lag when answering calls. Txt messages don't get noticed. And overall it seems to not be as compatible as the older operating system. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know of a dealer update for Uconnect to help remedy this glitch. Thanks.

#8 ·
I've got the 730N or whatever the top model is. I tried re-pairing the phone a few times. All I know is that I didn't need to do anything special with the older Android OS for everything to work. It would notify me when I received a text, just like an incoming call. Plus is would also read the text if I used the voice command and told it to "read txt message". It was great. Now when I know I have a txt, it tells me "no txt messages". Going to call HTC next to see if I can downgrade my operating system to the old one.

#4 ·
Hmmm. I havent received a text message on mine either...just figured that it only receives phone calls. Will have to delete the phone and try re pairing it.

#5 ·
I have this issue running my Galaxy nexus on verizon..stock..

I can only get phone calls. I cant get text notifications, I cant get my phonebook to download. Other people on reddit and droidforums, and dodge talk have told me that I would have to flash my rom to one of the AOKP setups on my nexus. ICS has some downsides here and there. Like ICS got rid of mass media mode. Now its just MTP/FTP..Sadly I cant install MTP drivers to the HD in the RAM..So I cant take a picture with my phone, then plug it into the USB on the dash. It doesnt recognize the phone anymore

#16 ·
I just upgraded my Galaxy Note (orig ver) to Android 4.0.4. I had to re-pair the phone. Calls go in and out OK, and it asked for permission to access messages (I don't care much about that, so haven't tested). But, it won't download my phone book, which is very annoying. "feature not supported by the connected mobile phone". As far as I can tell online, Dodge does not have an update for the radio. I have the most basic SiriusXM compatible model. Still, I will stop at the dealer next week and check.

#17 ·
Are you manually trying to get the PB to download? If so then the reply that you're hearing is correct. The NOTE does not support downloading the PB from the phone manually.
If you press the Uconnect phone button and say "phonebook, list names", what does Uconnect say?
When pairing the phone and Uconnect, there are 2 pop ups, 1 for permission to download the PB and 1 for permission to download your message information. You mention not selecting "ok" for the messages but you don't say anything about the PB.
Also SMS messaging does work with the NOTE, you can receive messages and you'll get notification thru Uconnect, you can send 1 of the 20 prerecorded messages stored in Uconnect, however when you do, Uconnect will reply that "sending of text messages failed. But the message goes thru fine.
The reason for that reply is because when sending a message, the phone needs to tel Uconnect that the message was sent within a time window. If it doesn't within the time window or just doesn't reply to Uconnect, then Uconnect will assume that the message wasn't sent.

I just upgraded my Galaxy Note (orig ver) to Android 4.0.4. I had to re-pair the phone. Calls go in and out OK, and it asked for permission to access messages (I don't care much about that, so haven't tested). But, it won't download my phone book, which is very annoying. "feature not supported by the connected mobile phone". As far as I can tell online, Dodge does not have an update for the radio. I have the most basic SiriusXM compatible model. Still, I will stop at the dealer next week and check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.