DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2012 Factory lifted 1500

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
So i have been looking around for some end of the year deals hoping to come across one to trade my 2010 on well I found one that has a factory lift and the sticker price was 47K the salesman proceeds to tell me that its 12k off making it 35k He said and I quote " We knocked off 12grand so basically you are getting the lift kit for free" :SHOCKED:I couldnt help it I asked "where in the hell do you find a 12,000 dollar lift kit?":4-dontknow: His reply "Man lift kits are high the cheapest ones you can get are 5 grand"...:wow: Needless to say he didnt make a sale on that but I thought it was pretty funny :LOL:

#5 ·
Ok but is 35,000 a bad deal for the truck...lift,wheels and tires..really fine looking ride...he is a car salesman what do you expect!!

#7 ·
For that procomp lift you are talking internet price of $1697, and 600-800 for install we will say just for argument sake $800 for install and $1700 for the lift you are looking at $2500 for the lift installed, wheels another $1100 maybe $1200 depending on where you get them from so grand total on the high side so far is $3700, then all thats left to look at is the tires themselves and your looking at roughly $1500 bringing our total to $5200 all said and done on the high side. Is this anywhere near 12k absolutely not, is this around the 5k mark yes, and when taking into consideration a lift plus wheels, plus tires you can get up pretty close to k even if you went with an RCX(Rough Country) lift.

If 35k a bad price for the truck... NO it is not. Could you get them down another 1-3k probably.

Just my .02 for the evening.

Hope my opinion helps :)

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

#10 · (Edited)
There was a lifted one at the local dealer here as well and the salesman stated there was 11000 extra done to the truck with the Lift, rims and tires. It was a really nice setup but this one was 47K like the one you linked it was 72k or something. I think with the rims and tires as well as the lift they still have a nice little markup :LOL:

edited to add. The truck I saw wasn't a 1500 though I think it was a 3500 can't remember I was shocked at sticker price

#11 ·
Yeah, well the problem is Mopar charges like 3500 for their lift kit, just parts, then dealer price to install is ridiculous as well. So to say 12K off is the lift kit for free, he is pretty accurate.

#16 ·
i looked into one of these lifted trucks at the stealership aswell where the salesman told me it had 15000 in extras with a pro comp stage 1 lift (still ended up with factory rake) fenrder flares low end rims mickey thompson rubber and recon lights when i priced all this stuff out at full retail ( which u know they didnt pay) i was in that 7000 nieghborhood there is no way install could be another 7000 + aside from the convienience of it being done already these r all mods u can easily do yourself in very little time aside from the lift i personally could not justfy the price so i didnt bother trying for an approval

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.