DODGE RAM FORUM banner

OBD Exhaust Connection Failure

719 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  RansRAM 
#1 ·
Hi, picked up an old 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9l about a month ago.. it's got a lot of miles and so far, a lot of problems

So far I've replaced the battery, the water pump, the tensioner pulley, the water return hose, the lower radiator hose, all the ball joints and the tie rods, welded the muffler back on, and solved one parasitic power drain.

I'm trying to pass safety and emissions testing, but the emissions shop's OBD device won't connect to the computer. I went through all the fuses, found one (12 I think) that was blown. Replaced that fuse, went to Autozone, their OBDII sensor connected fine. Then I went back to the emission's shop and their device still won't connect.. I'm a little lost what I should do now and I've googled for an hour now and am not finding anything helpful. Do I need to replace the ECM? I don't think it's a power issue since the Autozone meter worked.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Moevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.