DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2012 Ram 1500 -- Long Term positive review

11K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Ineedtoknow17 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Folks,

I have created a video that sums up the 5 things I STILL like about my 2012 Dodge Ram 1500. This video was mainly intended for those who are on the used car market for a 2012 Ram 1500, but I honestly think that one can relate and benefit even if looking to purchase a brand new truck.
I agree that the newer trucks will have a bit more technology, but for the most part they are the same (IF not better) truck.

Enjoy the video and I hope you like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIwystDIcAA

#2 ·
Good to see you are still happy with it. Thanks for making the video and sharing.

I do agree the 4th gens age well

#5 ·
Yeah, they have a really classy but aggressive look (no crazy looking headlights etc.), and they sure look good when lifted on bigger tires.

I kept mine stock because I like to have a quicker off-the line acceleration. Something that I will lose if I go with bigger tires.

#3 ·
Great to hear you're enjoying the '12. Only having service visits for the Ramboxes certainly speaks well for reliability.

#4 ·
Yeah, I hope I dont jinx myself now :) but have not really had any major issues.
I am now trying to think of 5 things that I dislike about the truck and am having a hard time coming up with 5 :)
Most of the things I dont like are what I would consider nit picking, with the exception of the headlights...but that may be a non issue in the latest release.

#6 ·
Folks,

I have created a video that sums up the 5 things I STILL like about my 2012 Dodge Ram 1500. This video was mainly intended for those who are on the used car market for a 2012 Ram 1500, but I honestly think that one can relate and benefit even if looking to purchase a brand new truck.
I agree that the newer trucks will have a bit more technology, but for the most part they are the same (IF not better) truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIwystDIcAA
Thanks for the video! Made my purchase that much easier.

#11 ·
Guys, here is the new video that I made on the Five Things I Dislike About My 2012 Ram 1500 truck. Let me know what you think. Thanks
I hope you will take this feedback the way it is intended...good natured and honest. I have been a video producer/editor for about 25 years and had some feedback....wasnt going to after watching the first one, but with the second one I figured I might.

First off - I applaud you for the thorough presentation and information you provided...both pros and cons.....it wasnt just 'I hate this' or 'I like this' ....you backed up your statements with good info and thats increasingly more rare these days on the web IMHO. A lot of great useful info. As a fellow Ram owner and Ram lover, thanks for that!

However, each video was 12-14 minutes. Looking at the same image -- a guy driving and talking -- for that long, doesn't hold attention as well as you could if you did some cutaways and also got out of the truck and showed the stuff you are talking about. Having video of you driving the truck did very little as far as support the stuff you were talking about.

That last part is the most important part to me, frankly.

You see, I am also an avid motorcycle rider - I commute to and from work almost every day most of the year on my motorcycle - and distracted drivers are a pet peeve of mine. Whether they are on a cell, texting, or making videos while driving, there is no doubt in my mind that they are distracted....you can just tell who is doing something aside from fully concentrating on driving.

I have been in many close calls due to people thinking they can do everything while driving aside from CONCENTRATING ON DRIVING. Two resulted in my going down on the bike. Luckily both ended with me walking away. But both resulted in bike damage. All because someone decided that DRIVING was not the priority. 'I never saw you' is all they say, and then it is discovered they were distracted.

Your delivery of the material was excellent -- lots of eye contact with the camera, too, which is great for the video - and that means that you were concentrating on your delivery and letting the task of driving fall to the background. For 13 minutes+.

That scares the !@#$ out of me. Especially when the vehicle being driven without full concentration is a large vehicle like our Ram.

Yeah, we all do it occasionally. I do too...I get distracted etc. I wont lie and say I do not. But when I see videos that people make while driving it really bothers me because it only takes a split second for a serious accident to happen and property to be damaged or lives changed forever.

I hope you will reconsider , in the future, NOT recording videos while driving.

Like I said, not preaching and I hope you take this feedback as it was intended.....we are all friends with a common love interest here, the Ram.

But again, some great info in the videos! I didnt know that about the tire chain problem....luckily I live in a place where that's not a huge issue but I guess it means I cant take the Ram on that trip to the snowy north I dream about!
:doh::LOL:

#9 ·
You use snow chains in Georgia? I have never lived anywhere where people use them. Even a lot of our Canadian members I don't think use them

Check out the bulb upgrade, it goes a long way towards helping the headlights:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=231321

Good video though, seems to address many of the common things people complain about and explains the

#10 ·
No sir - have never had to put chains in GA due to snow, but I can see how someone who doesnt have 4x4 can use them in states where snow is a given for the most part of the winter.
I only had to put snow chains a couple of times. One time mostly due to icing under the snow and the other due to very very steep hills and I decided it is not worth the risk.
I will check out the link you sent. Thanks

#13 ·
Folks,

do you know what that button on the left of the dimmer does?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.