DODGE RAM FORUM banner

BBK 85mm TB HP returns?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  CdnoilRAM 
#1 ·
how much power will this add to the overall performance , worth the price? let here your say!:smileup:

#2 ·
Most people here are using the ported throttle body's

#3 ·
It would all depend on the other mods that you have. If you are stock or mildly modified (CAI, exhaust, tuner) then you won't see much gains in going to a true 85mm TB, however you'd see some gains by moving to a ported TB. However, if you had headers or started looking into internals like a cam, then you'd want the 85mm.

#6 ·
So I don't do much towing, thinking about taking it to the track just to see a few things and get some ideas, normal everyday driving and commuting to work are the basics of the truck. Diablo and catch can arrived today will have those installed this weekend. Looking into headers and still debating on which ones. ARH is just too far out of my price range. So with those I should stay with the smaller TB and get more out of the bottom end than go with the big daddy?:doh:

#7 ·
Looking at those mods you'd want to stick with a stock 80mm butterfly, so look at the ported TBs. Moe's has a good port profile and the fastman TBs have been around for a while with great results as well. You want to maximize your intake velocity with your mods, so stick with the ported TBs.

Have a look at this thread if you want some more info
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=132130&highlight=throttle+body

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.