DODGE RAM FORUM banner

calling all Painted engine covers

120K views 273 replies 147 participants last post by  bigblkram14 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of having my engine cover painted...Can I see some pics of our members that have had them done and what you paid to have them done? Thanks in advance...:smileup:

Reactions: Grubrunner
#3 ·
Thanks CD!

#5 ·
Yeah i'm thinking i'll do it myself. Does it need to be a high temp paint?

#7 ·
I really like the covers I've seen people do here. Looking forward to seeing your results. Of course a project report and in progress pics are always welcome around here, as well as pics of the finished product. :D

#8 ·
Will do Rootbeer...Couple weeks of getting others ideas and looking at some more pics then I'll do it..

#12 ·
^^ I won't disagree about the practice thing.:LOL:

Now, even though it's STILL NOT DONE, here's a few of mine...

#15 ·
Thinking of painting my engine cover and would like to see what unique ideas are out there.I am leaning towards air brushing realistic flames (probably blue with skulls shadowed). I have done a few r/c bodies which is much harder because it is painted in reverse so I would like to try on my engine cover.I am really looking for some ideas so show me what is out there please??? thanks :4-dontknow:

#18 ·
That looks awesome! I have a guy locally who can do hydro dipping. I've really thought about having him do my engine cover very similar to that exact pattern. I think that I will do it in reverse though. Use white as the base color and then do black skulls.

#19 ·
#23 ·
#25 ·
I love liquid mask it is fukken awsome

#26 · (Edited)
Well here it is,my weekend project,could have used another set of flames but all and all it turned out ok,the center is color matched (brilliant black pearl),Ok start to finish.

Reactions: jdvelchek
#29 ·
not to many covers out there I guess, I have had lots of attention since I did mine (locally) even a few requests huh.would still like to see some more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.